Residence Life & Housing is giving away University Bookstore gift cards!
Show us how you’ve personalized your residence hall room by entering the Rockin’ Rooms residence hall decorating contest. Whether you’re an expert at maximizing space or an excellent interior decorator, we want to see how you’ve transformed your space on campus.
Submit your photo to Residence Life & Housing by Sunday, March 16 at 11:59 p.m.
To enter, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the information below:
- Rockin Room photo
- Names of all entrants
- Student ID numbers of all entrants
- Residence hall building
Winners will be selected from the following categories:
Please note that prizes are per resident.
- Best Residence Hall Room (singles, doubles, and suites) - $100 University Bookstore gift card
- Most UD Pride (any room type) - $100 University Bookstore gift card
- Best Triple or Quad (traditional room, not suite) - $100 University Bookstore gift card
- Best Green Practices (any room type) - $100 University Bookstore gift card
- Best Student Imprint on a common space or lounge - $50 University Bookstore gift card
- Best door decoration - $50 University Bookstore gift card
Residence Life & Housing reserves the right to disqualify any participant who does not comply with the rules.
- Submit your entry to email@example.com by Sunday, March 16 at 11:59 p.m.
- Please do not include photos of you or your roommates in the room.
- 1 photo per entry and 1 entry per room.
- Do not violate any Residence Life & Housing or University of Delaware policies when decorating your room. If you do not understand the policies, please check with your Resident Assistant before submitting an entry.
- Do not display offensive materials or decorations that promote breaking the law or the University Student Code of Conduct (e.g. underage drinking, use of illegal substances).
- All photos become the property of Residence Life & Housing upon receipt.
- This contest is only open to students who live in the residence halls.
- On Monday, March 17, the room photos will be uploaded to the Blue Hen Says Facebook page. Students will be allowed to vote by “liking” each photo.
- Students will be asked to evaluate room-decorating abilities on originality, aesthetic appeal, and creative use of space.
- Voting will close on Friday, March 21 at 5:00 p.m. The photo with the most votes will be the winner of the contest.
Winners will be notified via email and will be announced on the Blue Hen Says Facebook page and via the Residence Life & Housing Facebook and Twitter. Winners will be able to pick up their prizes any time Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at 112 Eliphalet Gilbert Hall.