This page requires JavaScript to work properly.
Join us on FacebookFollow us on TwitterMy Housing

Transfer Student Housing Sign Up Guide



When you live in the residence halls, you become part of a community rich in history and tradition. Whether you are living in one of our historic buildings or one of our newest halls, you will have one important thing in common with everyone in our residential community: excellence. Students who live on campus consistently earn higher grades and are more involved with the UD community.


On-campus residents always have something to do and someone to meet. Whether you're hanging out in the common rooms or participating in activies and events, you'll connect with other students in the residence halls on a daily basis.





The Academic Year Student Housing Contract and Dining Agreement are binding 48 hours after application, and students are financially responsible for the residence hall space and dining plan for the entire academic year.

All students assigned to upperclass residence halls will be charged the published rate for the selected/assigned hall type and room type.

Residence Life & Housing oversees housing policies. Students must abide by all policies; policies are designed to protect the rights of all students and to encourage responsibility in each community.


Relax. We've got it covered.

The residence halls offer students a variety of amenities at no additional cost. UD provides convenient services so you can focus on what matters most to you.

Upperclass students live in the Christiana Towers ApartmentsIndependence Complex and Ray Street on the Laird Campus; Harter, Sharp, Brown, and Sypherd on The Green in North Central; Warner, Squire, Cannon, New Castle, Kent, and Sussex on The Green in South Central.

Take a virtual tour of the residential complexes. >>






At the University of Delaware, there are various housing options to accommodate dietary, medical, and physical needs for students. We understand that there are circumstances where particular requests and accommodations need to be considered.

To accurately and equitably evaluate requests for housing based upon medical, psychological, or disability needs, you will submit documentation of your need, consisting of an evaluation by an appropriate professional that relates the current impact of your condition to your housing request. 

You should complete the Housing Application and try to assign yourself to a room that meets your needs (i.e., look for a first floor room, or a building with air conditioning, etc).

Once we are notified by Disability Support Services that your request has been approved, we will review your assignment. If your self-selected space does not match your approved needs, we will reassign you to an appropriate space on campus.

Please note that any delay in request will delay reassignment. For complete details on housing requests involving needs, please refer to the Housing Accommodations webpage, or contact Residence Life & Housing at (302) 831-HOME (4663).


Application & Assignment


April 14, 2014

Beginning April 14, transfer students will be able to log in to continue the housing application.

You, the student, will:

  • Verify your personal details
  • Sign the Student Housing Contract. If under 18, a parent or guardian will need to sign the contract.
  • Complete a lifestyle questionnaire
  • Search for and select a room

All transfer students who apply by July 15 are guaranteed housing (after July 15, assignments are subject to availability).






Through mid-May, please complete all steps of the Housing Application through and including Room Selection. You will be able to choose a space in Ray Street C, which is home to the Transfer Community, or Smyth Hall, a popular location for transfer students.

Students living in the Transfer Community have an advantage from the day they move in, because they will quickly meet other students and become part of a community that provides programming specific to transfer students. All transfer students, no matter where you live, are encouraged to participate in the Transfer Community.

In mid-May, additional areas of campus may become available for room selection.

As of May 1, the Room Change Wait List for additional areas of campus will become available only for those students who have already selected a space in the Room Selection portion of the application.

We suggest that you select a space in Ray C or Smyth Hall and consider other areas of campus after ensuring that you have a space on campus.