This page requires JavaScript to work properly.
Join us on FacebookFollow us on TwitterMy Housing

Cancellations, Releases & Deferrals

Cancellation Forms

Academic Year Cancellation

The Student Housing Contract is legally binding 48 hours after the earlier of: (1) the completion of the room selection process, (2) receipt of assignment, or (3) placement on the wait list.  For applications received after the designated Open Enrollment period, the contract will become legally binding 48 hours after submission of the application.

Prior to and within the 48 hour grace period, a student has the right to cancel their Student Housing Contract and forfeit the housing prepayment without any further financial obligation.

Students can cancel their Academic Year application by filling out the Request for Release form within the My Housing portal. (Select Cancel within 48 hours.)

Greek Housing Cancellation
Select the Request for Release form within My Housing

Request for Release

After the 48 hour Student Housing Contract grace period, a student may request release from their contract through the process and conditions specified in the contract.

In order to initiate a request for release, a Request for Release Form must be submitted to Residence Life & Housing via the My Housing portal.

Supplemental forms may also be beneficial in considering your request:

Housing Assignment Deferral Request

Upper-division students may use the Deferral Request form within the Upper Division housing application in My Housing to defer a semester of housing.

Your $200 prepayment will be applied to your housing bill when you return to campus. Deferring your application WILL hold/guarantee a space for you on campus, but WILL NOT hold/guarantee your current assignment. You will receive a new assignment based on availability when you return. The original terms and conditions of your housing contract still apply.



Please contact us if you have a question about a form.