Ivet Ziegelbauer Tweedy
Assistant Director: Selection, Professional Development, and Assessment
As the Assistant Director for Staff Selection and Training, I design and implement the overall recruitment, selection, training, and professional development of our departmental staff (29 professional staff members, 5 administrative staff members, 2 graduate assistants, and 188 undergraduate Resident Assistants). I will be very happy to answer any questions you may have or simply speak with you about potential connections between your vocational passions and the opportunities our department provides. My many other roles also include – serving on the Student Life Assessment Committee, chairing the Residence Life Assessment Strategic Plan Team, chairing the Student Conduct Appellate Board, serving on the UD Sustainability Taskforce, coordinating employment matters as the HR Liaison, supporting the department in strategic planning processes, and chairing all of our Search Committees.
UD has been my home for many years, and I cannot imagine working for a more challenging and exciting organization. I love all aspects of the college environment and I strive to be the best educator I can be in any role I take on.
Where I Can Help
- Selection. I will be very happy to help you navigate through any position selection process and assist you in any way I can in a successful transition to our department.
- Professional Development. When you join Residence Life, I will be interested in knowing your professional goals so that I can best support you in reaching them. I can help you connect to new opportunities and resources, and establish a connection with many of our professional partners across the institution.
- Assessment. I am highly invested in on-going cycle of improvement, informed by solid assessment effort. If you are attracted to these questions – “how do we define success?” and “how do we know that we are successful?” – then we have an instant conversation connection.
- Employment Matters. I oversee our job descriptions, conditions of employment, employee on-boarding, employee leaves, and any employment related processes. If you have any employment related questions, I will do my best to assist you.
B.A., International Business, Spanish, and Russian Studies; Concordia College, Moorhead, MN
- M.B.A.; North Dakota State University, Fargo, ND
Education; University of Delaware, Newark, DE
Arrival to UD
Previous Positions Held
- Complex Coordinator; University of Delaware, Newark, DE
- Hall Director; North Dakota State University, Fargo, ND
Assistant Hall Director; Concordia College, Moorhead, MN
RA; Concordia College, Moorhead, MN
Points of Pride
- ACPA Commission for Assessment and Evaluation Directorate Board, 2013
- Outstanding Experienced Professional Award, 10+ years; ACPA Commission for Housing and Residence Life, 2012
- University of Delaware Excellence in Service Award, 2006
My Favorite Quote/Motto/Personal Philosophy
“We learn more by looking for the answer to a question and not finding it than we do from learning the answer itself.” - Lloyed Alexander
Life Outside UD
After growing up in Europe, studying languages, and having lived, worked, explored, or studied in a number of countries, it is no surprise that traveling, global education, civic engagement, and linguistics are among my top interest areas. While I enjoy exploring big cities, I am a true country girl and in my free time I will take every opportunity to be out in the great outdoors. I have yet to say “no” to skiing, hiking, biking, or kayaking. I also find quite a bit of joy in gardening, woodworking, and running with my dog, Patrick.