Course Substitution Web Form - Instructions
The Course Substitution Web Form can be accessed directly from the Advisor Center or Student Services Center in UDSIS by going to the Student Center tab. The link is in the Forms box on the right hand side.
Advisor Center Access
Student Services Center Access
Web Forms Access and Processing
You can also access the web form by logging into www.udel.edu/webforms.
Click the Blanks tab and click the link for Course Substitution Form.
- Enter the student ID number or last name. The Student field will automatically search and display options below the field. Click the correct option.
NOTE: Sometimes the search takes a few seconds to process, so allow for that after entering information in the box.
- Click Next step.
- For Action, choose the applicable course directive type by clicking on the radio button for that type.
- From the Apply to drop-down menu, choose the portion of the degree audit for which the course directive is being.
- The Requirement and line number field is optional, but it makes processing course substitutions much easier. Click the blue "i" icon for a screenshot example of how to find this value within the student's degree audit.
- In the Comments box, include the course that is being substituted and the requirement it is being substituted for. It also helps to include the semester the course was taken and whether it is graded or still in-progress, especially when it is a transfer elective or a course that can be taken multiple times. Justification as to why you are approving the course directive/substitution does not need to be included within the comments box.
- If you wish to include justification or written approval for the course substitution, it can be attached using the browse button. This is typically not necessary - only if your department requests justification.
- Click Next step.
- Click Finish & submit to send the form to be approved/processed. If desired, additional approvers may be added in the routing section.
- Once the course substitution is processed and the form is completed, the originator of the form and the student will receive a copy of the completed form as confirmation. An entry is also added to the student's Advisor Notes file of the completed webform and any information contained within it, including any attachments.
If you have any questions, please contact the Registrar's Office at email@example.com or call (302) 831-2131.