Back to Services
Rock Climbing Gym Rules
- All users must attend orientation before being permitted to climb or belay during Open Climb.
- Open climbing will not take place during orientation.
- All users will follow the instructions of the climbing wall staff.
- Must be 18 years old (or a matriculated full-time UD student) to use this room alone. Anyone under 18 must have adult supervision.
- Only climbing wall staff may change or install holds.
- Food and drinks are not permitted in the climbing gym.
- Full shoes must be worn. No bare feet, open toes, open heels, or sandals permitted. Climbing shoes are recommended but not required.
- Personal belongings should be secured in lockers. Gym bags, backpacks, etc. are not allowed inside the climbing room.
- Do not use hang boards without staff permission.
- Bouldering: height of climber's feet may not exceed six (6) feet.
- Spotters must be used for bouldering.
- A belay anchor must be used when the weight difference between climber and belayer is 30 lbs. or more.
- Helmets are required for anyone under 18. Helmets are available for use for those 18 and older, but are not required.
- You must be certified by UD staff to lead climb or lead belay.
- Climbing room is not to be used without trained staff present.