The mission of the University of Delaware's Fitness Program is to promote and educate the University community on activities for a healthy lifestyle.
The goal of the University of Delaware's Fitness Program is to provide high quality facilities, services and programs to encourage participation in healthy lifestyle activities.
Fitness Program Policies & Procedures
- A full T-shirt is required. No tank tops, sport bras, basketball jerseys, or middriffs
- Shoes must be worn at ALL times.
- Video-taping in any of the fitness centers is NOT allowed.
- Members must bring valid ID card to every workout session.
No one will be permitted to use the facilities without
valid University of Delaware ID.
- Books, book bags, clothing, etc. will be deposited
in lockers. These items are not permitted in the
- No outdoor shoes, open toed shoes
or sandals are to be worn. Shoes and shirts
must be worn for reasons of safety, hygiene, and courtesy
to others. Blue jeans are not permitted.
- No food, gum or drink should be brought into the facilities. Only plastic
water bottles are permitted.
- There is a 30 minute time limit on all cardiovascular
equipment when others are waiting.
- All members must use a spotter when training with free
- Bars, dumbbells, plates and collars must be returned
immediately after each use.
- Collars must be used on all loaded bars at all times.
- The bathrooms are not be used for changing purposes;
use the general locker rooms.
- Chalk is not permitted.
- Members should never hesitate to ask a staff person
- Enjoy your workouts!!
Our fitness center staff is here to help you attain your fitness goals. Your physical health is important to us so don't hesitate to ask for assistance. Visit our staff directory page to find out more about us.