A Day in the Life of John, Henry, A Traffic Cop
Students should be able to:
- Use understanding of the principles of forces, motion, and energy to
design a plan to reconstruct a car accident.
- Explain how frictional forces related to varying surfaces affect the
motion of an object.
- Calculate the velocities of two vehicles before and after impact using
physics principles, such as forces, motion, mechanical energy, and
conservation of momentum.
- Evaluate real world data related to a car accident in order to make a
judgement about the drivers' fault.
- Find and use appropriate learning resources to aid in reconstructing
Last updated Nov. 22, 1996.
Copyright Barbara Duch, Univ. of Delaware, 1993.