Student Health Service
The Student Health Service is located in Laurel Hall, and is staffed by nurses 24 hours a day and 7 days a week (while school is in session). Physicians are on duty from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday - Friday. A Doctor is on call after hours. Phone: 831-2226.
All international students are required to have adequate medical insurance. The cost of the basic plan is automatically billed every semester to your student account, listed as MANDATORY MEDICAL INSURANCE. Coverage must be obtained for dependents at www.universityhealthplans.com. Students may apply for a waiver of the insurance if they are able to show proof of comparable medical insurance. Wavier forms must be completed and submitted with proof of insurance online at University Health Plans Website
Student Medical Insurance Instructions
Your student Mandatory Medical Insurance charge is billed to your student account automatically every semester. You will see this charge on your SIS+ acount. You do not have to do anything else for the Basic Blue Plan coverage.
- Blue and Gold Plan Upgrade Instructions
- It will cost you extra money to upgrade your insurance policy. You can apply by mail or online by going to insurance page at the Student Health website. Upgraded insurance will be effective upon the University Health Plans receipt of the appropriate amount of money.
- To Add a Dental Plan:
Please go to http://www.universityhealthplans.com/intro/UDELDental.html and follow the directions
- To Add a Vision Plan:
Please go to http://www.universityhealthplans.com/letters/letter.cgi?school_id=170 and follow the directions
- For US students and Permanent Resident Immigrants:
- U.S. students and Permanent Resident Immigrants who choose to enroll are to do so on-line at http://www.udel.edu/shs/insurance/index.html
Medical Insurance Waiver
Medical insurance is mandatory and will be charged directly on your bill. If a student chooses to substitute medical insurance that is comparable to the University-provided health insurance, the student must submit an insurance waiver form with proof of your medical insurance coverage. The waiver form is available on online (www.universityhealthplans.com). University Health plans will determine if the alternate insurance is adequate and if the charge can be waived. A waiver form is required each semester.
Students choosing to purchase another health insurance or students wishing to remain a part of their family’s health insurance policy should be aware of the following requirements that the University of Delaware uses in determining if a student’s insurance coverage is comparable to the University-provided coverage. Policies that do not meet the following requirements will not be accepted by the University, and students will be charged the mandatory fee on their University bill.
- My policy provides medical benefits of at least $100,000 per person per accident or illness.
- My policy provides benefits for repatriation of remains in the amount of $7,500.
- My policy covers expenses associated with medical evacuation in the amount of $10,000.
- My policy's deductible does not exceed $500 per accident or illness.
- My policy will be maintained throughout the duration of my stay in the U.S.
- My policy's insurance company will pay at least 75% of covered medical expenses.
- If a particular activity is part of my Exchange Visitor program, my insurance will cover injuries resulting from my participation in that activity.
- My policy may establish a waiting period before it covers pre-existing conditions (health problems I had before I bought the insurance), as long as the waiting period is reasonable by current standards in the insurance industry.
- My policy is backed by the full faith and credit of my home country government, or the company providing the insurance meets minimum rating requirements established by DOS [an A. M. Best rating of "A-" or above; an Insurance Solvency International, Ltd. (ISI) rating of "A-i" or above; a Standard & Poor's Claims-paying Ability rating of "A-" or above; or a Weiss Research, Inc. rating of B+ or above].
Updating Your UD Financial account
Once you submit the waiver, you will need to update your financial account to avoid any late fees.. Please review the instructions below and follow these steps:
- You will receive an email notification to login and view you bill from Student Financial Services
- Login to your “My Finances Page” to view your bill *YOU WILL NOT GET A PAPER BILL
- The My Finances Page will show an overview of what you owe and the due date. Go to the bottom of that page and click Next Step
- Click Yes for reporting additional credits
- Pick “Adjustment”:
- Fill in the $ dollar amount (Mandatory Insurance Fee).
- Under Comments, please indicate that you have applied for the insurance waiver.