For Start Ups

Licensing University IP

If you want to start a company by licensing University IP, contact the Technology Transfer Center. They are available to consult with you.

Licensing University IP will require you to submit a business plan to TTC articulating your company's commercialization strategy for this technology. The TTC will treat any such discussions and submissions in strict confidence.

An OEIP license agreement typically includes at least some of the following features: equity, royalty rate on product sales, upfront license initiation fees, patent reimbursement, development milestones, and due diligence clauses.