Collegiate Licensing Company
1075 Peachtree Street
Atlanta, GA 30309
Senior Art Director and Trademark Licensing Manager
University of Delaware
Office of Communications & Marketing
105 E. Main Street
Newark, DE 19716
The University of Delaware Licensing Advisory Committee supports the management and preservation of University of Delaware institutional brand image, reputation, name, and logos that promote and market the University. Committee members represent a variety of areas within the University and provide guidance to protect and ensure proper use of the University's marks and names.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Support University of Delaware trademark licensing efforts by reviewing, as requested, the use of University trademarks on commercial products.
- Provide guidance for approval/disapproval of uses of University trademarks on commercial products and other ventures for both domestic and international use. Periodically or as requested, review graphic concepts and samples of product type and quality, artwork and/or usage of University name and mark.
- Support the goals of the Offices of Communications & Marketing, Administrative Services, Athletic Department, Alumni Relations and other key individuals and units with regard to contract compliance requirements of manufactures or business entities, including e-commerce strategies, related to merchandise sales of licensed products for the University and the use of the University name and marks.
- Support the oversight of all use of University trademarks by University colleges, departments, units, organizations and individuals by the Office of Communications & Marketing.
- Work with and receive guidance from the Collegiate Licensing Company (CLC), the University's licensing partner and agent, to ensure the best balance of licensees, enforcement of restrictions, promotion of the University brand both internally and externally, and coordination of the approval of any new University logos or designs.
- Support campus communications strategies concerning trademark management, including guidance on developing and implementing policies to promote University of Delaware licensed products.
- Support University procurement policies, licensing infringement activities and game day trademark enforcement activities to ensure retail shops and athletic venues are free of counterfeit product.
- Support the University's relationship with trademark licensees and retail support partners in developing, approving and implementing marketing materials that support their business and positively promote the University.
For media Inquiries 24/7: