Janet S. Selway
School of Nursing
335 McDowell Hall
- D.N.Sc, Johns Hopkins University
- Certificate-Business of Nursing, Johns Hopkins University
- Post-Masters-Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, University of Maryland
- M.S., Adult Nurse Practitioner, Nursing Education Minor, University of Maryland
- B.S.N., College of Notre Dame of Maryland
- Diploma in Nursing, St. Joseph Hospital School of Nursing, Towson, Md.
- Adult Nurse Practitioner, American Nurses Credentialing Center Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, American Nurses Credentialing Center
- Alcohol and Trauma; Injury Prevention
- Injury Control Consultant, Alcohol Screening and Brief Intervention Program
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Mid-Atlantic Region
- Excellence in Teaching Award, Graduate Instruction, 2002
- Johns Hopkins University Alumni Council
- Selway J.S., Soderstrom C.A. & Kufera J.A. (2008). Alcohol use and testing among older trauma victims in Maryland. Journal of Trauma: Injury, Infection and Critical Care. 65(2). 442-446.
- Selway, J.S. (2008). Policy and Politics: What prevents NPs from approving home health care? American Journal of Nursing. 108(9). 73-75.
- Selway, J.S. (2008). Unit 7-Gastrointestinal agents (Contributing author). In Edmunds, M. & Mayhew, M. (3 rd Ed.), Pharmacology for the primary care provider. St. Louis: Mosby Yearbook
- Selway, J.S. (2006). Childhood maltreatment and adult obesity. Bariatric Nursing and Surgical Patient Care. 1(4). 273-282.
- Selway, J.S. (2006). The challenge of ectopic pregnancy. Journal for Nurse Practitioners. 2(9). 583-592.
- Selway J.S. (2006). Alcohol screening and brief intervention. Journal for Nurse Practitioners. 2(2). 90-97.
- Selway J.S. (2005). Introduction. Putting your best face forward: practical approaches to acne and rosacea management. Advanced Studies in Nursing. 3(7). 226-227, 244-246.
- Selway J.S. (2005). The psychosocial impact of acne and rosacea. Advanced Studies in Nursing. 3(7). 239-246.
- Stanik-Hutt, J., Selway J.S. & Edmunds, M. (2005).Advocacy in practice: Many factors needed to solve malpractice woes. Nurse Practitioner. 30(5). 15.
- Selway, J.S. (2003, July 14). How a “real” nurse found meaning in research. Nursing Spectrum ( Washington DC & Baltimore Edition). 13(14):5.
- Selway, J.S. (2001, April 30). Bill may ease nurse shortage. [Opinion-editorial].The Sun , p. 7A.
- Selway, J.S. (2001). NP delegation to South Africa. NP World News, 6(3), 1, 3, 19, 25.
- Selway, J.S . (2000). Nitrates. In Edmunds, M. & Mayhew, M. (Eds.), Pharmacology for the primary care practitioner. St. Louis: Mosby Yearbook.
- Selway, J.S. (2000). First nurse practitioner delegation visits China. Nurse Practitioner World News, 5(2), 1, 3, 11, 22.
- Selway, J.S. & Childs, S. Publication excerpt from: The upper extremity: Traumatic injuries and conditions. In Orthopaedic Nursing. 18(4). 80-84.
- Selway, J.S. & Childs, S. The Elbow. In Childs, S. (1999). The upper extremity: Traumatic injuries and conditions. Pittman, NJ: Jannetti Inc.
- 2005-2007, Overview of Practical Aspects of Alcohol Screening and Brief Intervention Presented on behalf of NHTSA Mid-Atlantic Region to various Mid-Atlantic region trauma centers and other entities.
- 2005 Nursing in America 2005 Presented to the Chinese Nurses Association, U.S China-Joint Nursing Conference, Beijing, Peoples’ Republic of China
- 2005 Social Implications of Acne and Rosacea Presented to American Academy of Nurse Practitioners 20 th Annual Conference. Program Faculty Chair for industry sponsored plenary dinner symposia: Putting Your Best Face Forward: Practical Approaches to Acne and Rosacea Management. Produced by Advanced Studies in Medicine for the Institute of Johns Hopkins Nursing
- 2004 Blood Alcohol Concentration and Use Among Older Victims of Trauma-Oral Presentation of Research Poster Presented to the Association for the Advancement of Automotive Medicine, 48 th Annual Conference Poster Session – September 14, 2004 Key Biscayne, FL
- 2004 The Impact of Alcohol on Trauma Outcomes in the Older Adult Presented to American College of Nurse Practitioners 2004 National Clinical Conference. Philadelphia, PA
- 2002 Nursing in America Today Presented to the Chinese Nurses Association, U.S China-Joint Nursing Conferenece, Beijing, Peoples’ Republic of China