Matthew J. Robinson
Health, Nutrition, & Exercise Sciences
010 Carpenter Sports Bldg.
- Sport Consumer Behavior in College Sport, Professional Golf, and Major League Baseball
- Job Satisfaction of Intercollegiate Athletic Directors
- International Sport Management
- Ed.D., Temple University, Athletic Administration, 1995
- M.S., Western Maryland College, Educational Administration, 1991
- B.A., York College of Pennsylvania, Communications & English Education, 1986
- 2004 to Present, University of Delaware, Associate Professor/Director of Sport Management Program/Legal Studies Faculty
- 2001 to 2004, University of Delaware, Assistant Professor/Director of Sport Management Program
- 2000 to 2001, York College of Pennsylvania, Associate Professor of Sport Management/Coordinator of Sport Management Program/Acting Coordinator of Recreation Program
- 1998 to 2000, York College of Pennsylvania, Assistant Professor of Sport Management/Coordinator of Sport Management Program
- 1994 to 1998, Allentown College of St. Francis de Sales, Assistant Professor of Sport Managemen
- 1989 to 1994, Western Maryland College, Men’s Varsity Soccer Coach/ Facilities, Contest and Equipment Manager
- HESC 202, Foundations of Sport Management
- HESC 340, Management of Sport Information
- HESC 347, Legal Aspects of Sport Management
- HESC 437, Sport Marketing
- HESC 616, Graduate Sport Marketing
- HESC 667, International Sport Management
- Robinson, M.J.& Trail,G.T. (2005) Motives and points of attachment: Differences between college football, men’s basketball, and women’s basketball spectators. Journal of Sport Management. 19 1 58-80.
- Robinson, M.J., Trail, G.T. Gillentine, A.J. & Dick, R.J. (2005) "Fans vs. Spectators: An Analysis of Those Who Attend Intercollegiate Football Games" Sport Marketing Quarterly, 14 2.
- Robinson, M.J. & Trail, G.T. (2004). Motives and Points of Attachment of Professional Golf Spectators. Sport Management Review. 7 2, 167-192
- Trail, G.T., Robinson, M.J., Dick, R. and Gillentine, A. (2003). Motives and points of attachment: Fans versus spectators in intercollegiate athletics. Sport Marketing Quarterly. 12 4, 217-227.
- Robinson, M.J. & Gladden, J. (2004). Thinking strategically about marketing: Assessing the brand equity of intercollegiate recreation and intramural programs. Journal of Recreational Sport., 27 2, 7-17.
- Robinson, M.J. & Miller, J. (2003). Assessing the impact of Bobby Knight on the brand equity of the Texas Tech basketball program. Sport Marketing Quarterly, 12 1, 56-60.
- Robinson, M.J. & DeSchriver, T. (2003). Consumer differences across large and small market teams in the National Professional Soccer League. Sport Marketing Quarterly. 12 2 80-87.
- Robinson, M.J., Peterson, M., Tedrick, R. & Carpenter, J.R. (2003). Job Satisfaction of NCAA Division III Athletic Directors: Impact of Job Design and Time on Task. International Sports Journal. 7 2 46-57.
- Robinson, M.J. & Carpenter, J.R. (2002) LPGA Spectators: Demographic and behavior differences based on days of attendance. Sport Marketing Quarterly, 11 4, 242-247.
- Robinson, M.J., Tedrick, T. & Carpenter, J.R. (2001). Job satisfaction of NCAA division III athletic directors: A descriptive analysis and examination of gender differences. International Sports Journal, 5 1, 25-32.
- Robinson, M.J. Hums, M, Crow. B & Phillips, D. (2000) Profiles of Sport Industry Professionals: The People Who Make the Games Happen. Aspen Publishing, August 2000.
- Robinson, M.J. & Newman, T. (2004). Functions of Management, in Parkhouse, B. Management of Sport: Its Foundation and Application, 4 th Edition. McGraw Hill, August 2004.
- Robinson, M.J. (2004). Sport Governance, in Parkhouse, B. Management of Sport: Its Foundation and Application, 4 th Edition. McGraw Hill, August 2004.
- Robinson, M.J., Lizandra, M. &Vail, S. (2000) Sport Governance, in Parkhouse, B. Management of Sport: Its Foundation and Application, 3 rd Edition. McGraw Hill. August 2000.
Honors, Awards, and Major Professional Offices Held
- United States Department of State International Sport Programming Grant (2005) University of Delaware International Basketball Initiative with Senegalese Basketball Federation and National Basketball Association (Awarded $312,000).
- The University of Delaware Center for Teaching Effectiveness General Education Initiative Grant Enhancement of Instruction in Theoretical and Applied Ethics in Sport Management. (2005) (Awarded $19,763).
- The University of Delaware Center for International Studies Global Citizenship Grant (2004) (Awarded $1,000).
- The University of Delaware Center for International Studies Research Expedition Grant: Research on the Sport Structure of Turkey (2004) (Awarded $5,700).
- United States Department of State International Sports Programming Initiative Grant (2003) University of Delaware Sport Coaching Initiative with Turkish Basketball Federation. (Awarded $251,739).
- United States Soccer Foundation Grant. Field Expansion Program Grant. Kirkwood Soccer Organization (2003). (Awarded $100,000)
- University of Delaware General University Research Program (2003). Job Satisfaction and Perceived Stress of NCAA Directors of Athletics. (Awarded $6,000).
- Director of Coaching Management, National Soccer Coaches Association of America, January 2005 to Present.
- University of Delaware Athletics Program Professional Sports Counseling Panel. June 2003 to Present.
- Fiscal Integrity Subcommittee for the NCAA Certification of the University of Delaware Athletic Program. Fall 2002 to Fall 2003.
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society, University of Delaware Chapter, President Elect, September 2005 to Present.
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society, University of Delaware Chapter, Vice President, January 2005 to May 2005
- North American Society for Sport Management, Nomination Committee, Chair, June 2002 to June 2003.
- North American Society for Sport Management, Nomination Committee, June 2001 to June 2003.
- University of Delaware Legal Studies Minor, Faculty Member, January 2003 to Present.
- Sport Marketing Quarterly , Editorial Board Member, October 2000 to Present.