P. Michael Peterson
Health, Nutrition, & Exercise Sciences
023 Carpenter Sports Bldg.
- Organization of Work and Work Stress
- Organizational Culture and Health
- Social Marketing
- Health Promotion Program Evaluation
- Ed.D., University of Kentucky, 1993
- M.A., California State Univeristy Los Angeles, 1990
- B.A., Ambassador College, 1987
- 1998- present Associate Professor, University of Delaware
- 2002- present Director Graduate Health Promotion Program
- 1997-1999, Director, University of Delaware Employee Wellness Center
- 1995-1998, Assistant Professor, University of Delaware
- 1993-1995, Assistant Professor, State University of New York at Oswego
- 1993-1995, Wellness Director, Department of Health and Physical Education, School of Education, State University of New York at Oswego
- HLPR 803: Advanced Health Promotion Programming and Evaluation
- HLPR 610: Health and the Media
- HLPR 823: Human Response to Stress
- HLPR 819: Social Marketing
- HESC 490: Development of Health Promotion Programs
- HESC 329: Dynamics of Team Problem Solving
- Peterson M (2004). LLuminari Landmark Study: What Men and Women Value at Work: Implications for Workplace Health. Journal of Gender-Specific Medicine. (In-press)
- Peterson M, Orsega-Smith E, Tholstrup L. (2004). Validity of the BMI-based Silhouette Matching Test. American Journal of Health Behavior. 28(5);437-443.
- Peterson M, Wilson J. (2004). Work Stress in America. International Journal of Stress Management. 11(2);91-113.
- Peterson M, Goodwin S, Ellenberg D. (2004). Analysis of an American Cancer Society’s Generation Fit Project. American Journal of Health Education. 35(3);141-149.
- Peterson M, Abraham A, Waterfield A. (2004) Lessons learned from a Statewide Physical Activity Social Marketing Campaign. Journal of Health Promotion Practice (In-press).
- Peterson M, Martin S. (2003) Associative Group Analysis: A Tobacco Prevention Case Study. Social Marketing Quarterly 9(2), 32-49.
- Peterson M, Ellenberg D, Crossan S. (2003) Body image perceptions: reliability of a BMI based silhouette matching test. American Journal of Health Behavior. 27(4), 355-363.
- Robinson MJ, Peterson M, Carpenter JR. (2003) Job satisfaction on NCAA III athletic directors: Impact of job design and time on task. International Sports Journal. Summer, 46-57.
- Peterson, M., & Wilson, J. (2002) The Culture-Work-Health model and work stress. American Journal of Health Behavior 26(1), 16-24.
- Dunnagan, T., Peterson, M., & Haynes G. (2001) Mental health issues in the workplace: a case for a new managerial approach. Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine. 43 (12), 1073-1080.
- Peterson, M (2000) Health Promotion Values. Health Promotion Practice. 1(3).
- Peterson, M. (1999). Preventive stress management in organizations. American Journal of Health Behavior. 23(1):73-77.
Books and Publications
- Peterson M. (2003). Work Stress—An Individual Approach. Cortext Continuing Medical Education. Jobson Publishing Co: New York.
- Peterson M. (2003). Work Stress—A Socio-ecological Approach. Cortext Continuing Medical Education. Jobson Publishing Co: New York.
- Peterson M. (2002) Creating the Dream Team. Skills for Productivity, Profit and Performance. Workplace Consultants, Inc.: Landenberg, PA.
Honors, Awards, and Major Professional Offices Held
- Health Education Network of Delaware Special Award for service and leadership provided to health professionals throughout the State of Delaware (2004).
- President, Health Education Network of Delaware (HENOD). 2001-2003.