Amy T. Johnson
School of Nursing
323 McDowell Hall
- D.N.Sc., The Catholic University of America , Research Focus: Neonatal Response to Environment
- M.S.N., University of Delaware , Maternal-Child Nursing
- B.S.N. Madonna University, Nursing
- Neonatal Nursing
- Improving neonatal outcome
- NICU environment
- University of Delaware Research Foundation Grant. Requested funding for $30,000 for study titled “The effect of skin to skin holding on maternal breast milk composition.” (Pending)
- 2004. Center for Academic Practice, University of Delaware . Requested funding for $4950 for study titled “The effect of kangaroo holding on maternal breast milk production.” Status funded.
- Johnson, A.N. (submitted). Nurses role in kangaroo holding premature infants in the nursery.
- Johnson, A.N. (submitted). Promoting mother-infant attachment in the NICU.
- Johnson, A.N. (2005). Kangaroo holding beyond the NICU. Pediatric Nursing, 31 (1) 53-56.
- 2005. “Nurses’ role in kangaroo holding premature infants in the nursery.” 15 th Annual Research Conference sponsored by Beta Xi Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International and Delaware Nurses Association.
- 2005. “Nursing’s role in newborn hearing screening.” National Conference of the Society of Pediatric Nurses.
- 2004. “The effect of kangaroo holding on maternal breast milk production.” National State of the Science Conference, Washington D.C.
- 2004. “Strategies for promoting kangaroo holding in the NICU.” 15 th International Research Congress, Dublin , Ireland . Sponsored by Sigma Theta Tau, International.