Health, Nutrition, & Exercise Sciences
153 Human Performance Lab
- Motor Control and Learning
- Sports Biomechanics
- University of Belgrade, Physics, Belgrade,Yugoslavia 1976 B.S.
- University of Belgrade, Biomedical Engineering, Belgrade, Yugoslavia 1981 M.S.
- University of Belgrade, Kinesiology, Belgrade, Yugoslavia 1986 Ph.D.
- 2007-present, University of Delaware, Department of Health, Nutrition, and Exercise Sciences, Newark, Delaware Professor
- 2002-2007, University of Delaware, Department of Health and Exercise Sciences, Newark, Delaware Associate Professor
- 2000-2002, University of Umea, Sweden, Sports Medicine, Associate Professor
- 1999-2002, National Institute for Working Lige, Center for Musculo-Skeletal Research , Umea, Sweden , Senior Scientist
- 1993-1998, Institute for Medical Research, Belgrade, Yugoslavia, Professor
- 1993-1998, Faculty for Physical Education, Belgrade University & Institute for Medical Research, Belgrade, Yugoslavia, Associate Professor
- 1988-1993, Faculty for Physical Education, Belgrade University & Institute for Medical Research, Belgrade, Yugoslavia, Assistant Professor
- HESC375 Neuromechanical Basis of Human Movements
- HESC 400 Research Methods
- HESC 427 Biomechanics II
- HESC 657 Seminar in Motor Behavior
- HESC 667 Seminar in Biomechanics
Current and Recent Grants P.I.
- 2006-2010 Evaluation of methods for assessment of the role of muscular and neural factors and their adaptive changes in human locomotion (#145 082). Serbian Scientific fund, EUR 110 000 (direct costs)
- 2005-2007 Hand function in multiple sclerosis (R03), NIH (NICHD), $ 151 000
- 2007-2008 A novel device to test hand function in multiple sclerosis, National Multiple Sclerosis Society, $ 44,000
- Domkin D, Laczko J, Jaric S, Johansson H, Latash ML (2002) Structure of joint variability in bimanual pointing tasks. Experimental Brain Research, 143: 11-23.
- Latash ML, Jaric S (2002) The organization of drinking: kinematics of the arm-head coordination and the index of difficulty. Journal of Motor Behavior, 34:139-150.
- Ugarkovic D, Matavulj D, Kukolj M, Jaric S (2002) Standard anthropometric, body composition, and strength variables as predictors of jumping performance in elite junior athletes. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, 16:227-230.
- Jaric S, Ugarkovic D, Kukolj M (2002) Evaluation of methods for normalizing strength in elite and young athletes. The Journal of Sport Medicine and Physical Fitness, 42:141-151.
- Jaric S, Radosavljevic-Jaric S, Johansson H (2002) Muscle force and muscle torque in humans require different methods when adjusting for differences in body size. European Journal of Applied Physiology, 87: 304-307.
- Jaric S (2002) Muscle strength testing: use of normalization for body size. Sports Medicine, 32:615-631.
- Mirkov DM, Milanovic S, Ilic DB, Jaric S (2002) Symmetry of discrete and oscillatory movements: does it depend on torque that the agonist and antagonist muscle can exert? Motor Control, 6:271-281.
- Jaric S (2003) Role of body size in the relation between muscle strength and movement performance. Exercise and Sport Science Reviews, 31:8-12.
- Michaelson P, Michaelson M, Jaric S, Latash ML, Sjolander P, Djupsjobacka M (2003) Vertical posture and head stability in patients with chronic neck pain. Journal of Rehabilitation Medicine, 35:229-235.
- Aasa U, Jaric S, Barnekow-Bergkvist M, Johansson H. (2003) Muscle strength assessment from functional performance tests: role of body size. The Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, 17:644-670.
- Kukolj M, Ugarkovic D, Jaric S. (2003) Profiling anthropometric characteristics and functional performance of 13 to 18-years-old elite junior soccer players. Journal of Human Movement Studies 45:403-418.
- Mirkov D, Nedeljkovic A, Milanovic S, Jaric S. (2004) Muscle strength testing: evaluation of tests of explosive force production. Eur J Appl Physiol 91:147-154.
- Markovic G, Jaric S. (2004) Movement performance and body size: the relationship for different groups of tests. Eur J Appl Physiol 92:139-149.
- Aasa U, Barnekow-Bergkvist M, Jaric S, Johansson H (2004) Applying normalization of muscle strength for body size: does it depend on the functional performance to be assessed. Journal of Human Movement Studies 46:105-116.
- Domkin D, Laczko J, Djupsjobacka M, Jaric S, Latash ML (2005) Joint angle variability in 3D bimanual pointing: uncontrolled manifold analysis. Exp Brain Res 163:44-57.
- Jaric S, Russell E, Collins JJ, Marwaha R. (2005) Coordination of hand grip and load forces in uni- and bidirectional isometric force tasks. Neuroscience Letters 381:51-56.
- Jaric S, Mirkov D, Markovic G. (2005) Normalization of muscle strength and movement performance tests for body size: A proposal for standardization. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research 19:467-474.
- Jaric S, Knight CA, Collins JJ, Marwaha R. (2005) Evaluation of a method for testing coordination of grip and load forces under isometric conditions. Journal of Electromyography and Kinesiology 15:556-563.
- Markovic G, Jaric S. (2005) Scaling of muscle power to body size: the effect of stretch-shortening cycle. European Journal of Applied Physiology 95:11-19.
- Jaric S, Collins JJ, Marwaha R, Russell EM (2006) Interlimb and within limb force coordination in static bimanual manipulation task. Experimental Brain Research 168:88-97.
- Marwaha R, Hall SJ, Knight CA, Jaric S. (2006) Load and grip force coordination in static bimanual manipulation tasks in multiple sclerosis. Motor Control 10:160-177.
- Markovic G, Dizdar D, Jaric S. (2006) Evaluation of tests of maximum kicking performance. J Sports Med Phys Fitness, 46:215-20.
- Ferrand L, Jaric S. (2006) Force coordination in static bimanual manipulation: effects of handedness. Motor Control, 10:359-370.
- Freitas PBJ de, Krishnan V, Jaric S. (2007) Elaborate force coordination of precision grip could be generalized to bimanual grasping techniques. Neurosci Let, 412:179-184.
- Nedeljkovic A, Mirkov DM, Kukolj M, Ugarkovic D, Jaric S. (2007) Effects of maturation on the relationship between physical performance and body size. J Strength Cond Res, 21:245-50.
- Nedeljkovic A, Mirkov DM, Pazin N, Jaric S. (2007) Evaluation of Margaria staircase test: the effect of body size. Eur J Appl Physiol, 100:115-20.
- Markovic G, Jaric S. Is vertical jump height a body size independent measure of muscle power? Journal of Sport Sciences, in press.
- Sjolander P, Michaelson P, Jaric S, Djupsjobacka M. Sensorimotor disturbances in chronic neck pain - range of motion, peak velocity, smoothness of movement, and repositioning acuity. Manuel Therapy , in press.
- Markovic G, Jaric S. Effects of positive and negative loading on muscle mechanical output. M ed Sci Sport Exercise , in press.
- Freitas PB de, Krishnan V, Jaric S. Force coordination in static manipulation tasks: effects of the change in direction and handedness. Exp Brain Res , in press.
- Mirkov DM, Nedeljkovic A, Kukolj M, Ugarkovic U, Jaric S. Evaluation of reliability of soccer specific field tests. J Strength Conditioning Res, in press.