Susan J. Hall
Health, Nutrition, & Exercise Sciences
210 Human Performance Lab
- Ph.D., Washington State University, 1983
- M.S., Texas Woman's University, 1978
- B.S., Duke University, 1974
- 1999-present, Professor and Chair, University of Delaware
- 1997-1999, Professor and Chair, University of Texas at El Paso
- 1995-1997, Assistant Chair, California State University , Northridge
- 1993-1997, Professor, California State University, Northridge
- 1991, Acting Director, University Office of Research and Sponsored Projects, California State University, Northridge
- 1990-1993, Associate Professor, California State University , Northridge
- 1988-1990, Assistant Professor, California State University , Northridge
- 1984-1988, Assistant Professor, Oregon State University
- HESC 601, Research Methods
- Anderson, M. K., Parr, G. P., and Hall, S. J. Foundations of Athletic Training. (2009). Baltimore: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.
- Hall, S.J. (2007). Sport Biomechanics. In the 2007 Yearbook of Science and Technology. Dubuque: McGraw-Hill.
- Marwaha, R. Hall, S.J., Knight, C.A., and Jaric, S. (2006). Load and Grip Force Coordination in Static Bimanual Manipulation Tasks in Multiple Sclerosis. Motor Control, 10 (2), 160-177.
- Hall, S. J. Basic Biomechanics, (5th ed.), (Chinese, Korean, and Portuguese editions also published) (2006). Dubuque: McGraw-Hill.
- Hall, S. J. (Ed.) ACSM Fellows Offer Advice to Students. (2005). Indianapolis: American College of Sports Medicine.
- Hall, S. J. and Evans, G. G. (2003). Biomechanics. In Concepts and Principles of Physical Education: What Every Student Needs to Know (2nd ed.) B. Mohnsen, ed. Reston, VA: NASPE.
Honors, Awards, and Major Professional Offices Held
- Vice President, American College of Sports Medicine (2002-2004.)
- Member, Editorial Board, The American Journal of Medicine & Sports. (2004.)
- 37th Amy Morris Homans Lecturer: Resources and Resourcefulness. 2003 Annual Conference of NAPEHE, Long Beach, CA.
- Eastern District AAHPERD Research Keynote Address: Preventing Low Back Pain. 2003 Annual Convention of EDA/AAHPERD, Philadelphia , PA.
- Member, Quest Editorial Board (2001-2007.)
- Secretary, AAHPERD Research Consortium (2000-2002.)
- Member, American College of Sports Medicine Board of Trustees (1997-2000.)
- Meritorious Performance Award (1996). Presented by California State University, Northridge.
- Member, International Society of Biomechanics in Sport Board of Directors (1993-1995.)
- Distinguished Service Award, presented by the National Association for Sport and Physical Education (1993).
- Chair, NASPE Biomechanics Academy (1992-1993.)