Elizabeth M. Orsega-Smith
Health, Nutrition, & Exercise Sciences
009 Carpenter Sports Bldg.
- Aging and health
- Physical activity promotion
- Psychosocial issues of physical activity
- Ph.D., The Pennsylvania State University, 2000
- M.S., East Stroudsburg University, 1989
- B.S. The Pennsylvania State University, 1988
- 2001- present, Assistant Professor, University of Delaware
- 2000-2001, Post-doctoral Scholar, The Pennsylvania State University
- 1996-2000, Research Assistant, The Pennsylvania State University
- 1989-1995, Director of Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation, NorthCrest Medical Center, Springfield, TN
- HESC 155, Personal Health Management
- HESC 335, Health and Aging
- HESC 332, Health Behavior Theory and Assessment
- Orsega-Smith, E., Mowen, A., Payne, L.& Godbey, G. (2004). The interaction of stress and park use on psycho-physiological health in older adults. Journal of Leisure Research, 26(2), pp 232-256.
- Orsega-Smith, E., Payne, L. & Godbey, G. (2003). Physical and psychosocial characteristics of older adults who participate in a community-based exercise program. Journal of Aging & Physical Activity, 11(4), pp 516-532.
- Payne, L., Mowen, A., & Orsega-Smith, E. (2002). An examination of park preferences and behaviors among urban residents: the role of residential location, race, & age. Journal of Leisure Sciences, 24 (2), pp181-198.
- Orsega-Smith, E., Payne, L., Catzenmeyer, C., & Godbey, G. (2000). Community recreation and parks: the benefits of a healthy agenda. Parks and Recreation, 35 (10), pp 68-74.
- Payne, L., Orsega-Smith, E., Godbey, G. & Spangler, K. (1999). The role of leisure in health. Parks and Recreation, 34 (10), pp 72-77.
- Payne, L. ,Orsega-Smith, E., Godbey, G. & Roy, M (1998). Local parks and the health of older adults: Results from an exploratory study. Parks and Recreation, 33 (10), pp 64-70.