Sandra D. Baker, M.Ed., R.D., LDN
Assistant Chair & Instructor
Behavioral Health & Nutrition
301-A Willard Hall Educ. Bldg.
- Nutrition Counseling
- Nutrition for vulnerable populations
- Program Assessment
- Coursework for EdD in progress, University of Delaware.
- MEd, University of Delaware, 2002.
- Dietetic Internship, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, 1981.
- B.S. Nutrition, The Pennsylvania State University, 1980.
- Assistant Chair-Department of Behavioral Health and Nutrition, University of Delaware, Newark, Delaware. February 2010-present.
- Instructor-Department of Health, Nutrition and Exercise Sciences, University of Delaware, Newark, Delaware. September, 2007 –present.
- Supervisor Dietetic Internship-Department of Health, Nutrition and Exercise Sciences, University of Delaware, Newark, Delaware. March 2006-June 2010.
- Supplemental Faculty- Department of Health, Nutrition and Exercise Sciences, University of Delaware, Newark, Delaware, 2001-August, 2007.
- Administrative Academic Advisor-University Advisement Center, University of Delaware, Newark. Delaware, July 2005-March 2006.
- Nutrition Consultant- Student Health Service. University of Delaware, Newark. Delaware, September 1997 – July 2005.
- Nutritionist- Preventive Medicine and Rehabilitation Institute, Diabetes Program. Christiana Care Health Systems, Newark, Delaware. 1997-2004.
- Nutritionist - William Penn High School Wellness Center. Christiana Care Health Systems
Newark, Delaware. 1996 – 2002.
- Adjunct Clinical Instructor. University of Delaware, Newark, Delaware, 1993 –1996.
- Nutritionist-Memorial Hospital of Salem County Healthy Heart Program, Salem, New Jersey.
- Nutrition Consultant. Kids Coalition for Health, Salem, New Jersey. 1993-1995.
- Nutrition Consultant. Minority Health Month grant. Salem, New Jersey, 1995.
- Nutritionist. Delaware Department Public Health
- Clinical Dietitian. HomeCall, Inc., Gaithersburg and Frederick, Maryland offices
- Clinical Dietitian. Frederick Memorial Hospital, Frederick, Maryland
- NTDT 200 Nutrition Concepts
- NTDT 330 Nutrition Counseling
- (formerly NTDT 305, NTDT 450, NTDT 240)
Local & National Presentations
- NACADA National Conference, Baltimore, Maryland, October 21, 2007. Presented poster session: “Beyond Graduation…Advising in a Post-Baccalaureate Distance Internship Program.”
- NACADA National Conference, Indianapolis, Indiana, October 20, 2006. Presented poster session: “Finding Your Way” an Innovative Freshman Seminar.
- NACADA Regional Conference, Lancaster, Pennsylvania, March, 23, 2006. Presented poster session:“Finding Your Way” an Innovative Freshman Seminar.
- National Assembly on School Based Health Care, Los Angeles, California, June 26, 1998.
Presented workshop: Nutrition and Fitness Education as a Bridge to a Healthy Lifestyle.
- Eating Disorders: What, Why. 2002. ETR Associates
- Eating Vegetarian. 1999. ETR Associates
- American Dietetic Association, Registered Dietitian (ADA)
- Delaware Dietetic Association (DDA)-Nominations and Awards Committee
- National Academic Advising Association (NACADA)
- Phi Upsilon Omicron (Home Economics Honor Society)
- Phi Sigma (Biology Honor Society)
- Fresh Air Fund, Host, 2003
- UrbanPromise of Wilmington, Volunteer
- Advisor, University of Delaware Nutrition and Dietetics Club, present