IT WD Goals
IT WD's overriding goals are to make others successful, move the institution forward, cut costs, and enable "big wins". In line with the Administrations goals this year are the following goals for the IT WD.
IT WD 2014-2015 Goals
- Throughout the year, resolve personally identifiable information (PII), PCI, security, compliance, and audit findings as they are identified.
- Provide business system improvements that save money, cut costs, provide strategic gains, move the institution forward, or are big wins.
- Manage and implement Development Office requests by meeting with them regularly -- or at least quarterly -- and keeping their requests as an institutional priority.
- Manage and implement Research Office requests by meeting with them regularly -- or at least quarterly -- and keeping their requests as an institutional priority.
- Manage and implement Finance requests by meeting with them regularly -- or at least quarterly -- and keeping their requests as an institutional priority.
- Manage and implement UD client requests by meeting with them regularly or at least quarterly.
- Provide documentation, client support, communications for IT and within IT, and collect client feedback via IT's Communication Group, which serves all of IT and speaks to our constituents for IT.
- Enhance IT WD's server infrastructure. Assess and upgrade hardware (real or virtual) for improved availability/failover and other items to be determined.
- Enhance the application infrastructure. Assess and make improvements for security, availability/failover and other items to be determined.
- Implement Grouper to manage groups and permissions.
- For text appearing on applications, implement Content Depot to distribute text management to system owners so that updates are not coding requests.
- Implement UD Forms initial infrastructure.
- Identify and implement a model-driven UI framework solution for developing and implementing our applications.
- Apply template and secure styles to regularly used applications and forms to reduce maintenance due to continual browser and device improvements.
- Stretch goal - Identify a portal solution that aggregates secure business and related messaging.
- Determine and seek to achieve "quality of services" goals, which are refined improvements to delivery better service.
- Implement methods to achieve our current mantras "financials first" and "bug blitz", which keep the strategic and less strategic requests moving forward.
- Continue staff development with training, webinars, IT WD workshops series, and recognition programs.