Online course Evaluations for Faculty
Questions should be directed to Web Development, firstname.lastname@example.org
To log in to course evaluations, go to:
Questions about online course evaluations may be sent using this feedback form.
Once You Log On
Once you log on to course evaluations, you will see two tabs: Set up and Reports. The Set up tab is where you will check everything before students log on and the Reports tab is where you will go to see student responses for current or past terms.
Evaluations for Courses I Teach
The set up and checking you should do for your courses should be done using the features described in this section.
- From the Home page, choose the Set up tab and view the first section titled Evaluations for Courses I Teach for [term}.
- Each course that you teach that is using online evaluations should be listed in this section. If not, contact your Chair's Office.
- If you have courses with last class dates that are different from the term end dates, review the Last class date column and be sure it is within the date range of the column to its left titled Student access dates. If there are discrepancies, contact your Chair's Office.
- For each course listed, click its View question summary link to review a concise listing of questions appearing on the evaluation for that course. You may see the questions, who assigned the question to the evaluation, and the ordering of questions as they will appear to students. For each course that is listed, check to be sure questions you may have added to the evaluation are what you still need. From this page, you may also "Create a question," "Assign a question," or remove questions you have added to the evaluation. See the help sections below for more explanation on these features.
- For each course listed, click the See student view for each course to view the evaluation as a student will see it. You may see the questions, their response format, and the ordering of questions as it will appear to students.
- Note: Questions are presented in this order for instructor type then course type questions: UD - college - department - group (Honors, Distance Learning, Evening Credit, Special Programs) - My Questions
Create and Assign a New Question
If you need to create new questions, follow the instructions in this section.
- From the Home page, go to the Set up tab – Evaluations for Courses I Teach section and click the View question summary link for the course you wish to view. Alternatively, from the Home page, you may go to the Questions Libraries section and click My Questions..
- At the top right of the page, click the Create a Question link.
- Complete the items to create your question and its response format. Click Next Step.
- On the Assign Question to Evaluation – Step 2 of 2 page, further indicate which courses should include this question.
- Click Update this assignment to add the question to the evaluation(s).
- Double check the assignment by reviewing the Current Assignment(s) section in the middle of the page to be sure it looks correct to you.
- Repeat these steps for each question you wish to create.
- Tip: To concisely see a list the questions appearing on an evaluation, from the Home page – Set up tab, click the View question summary option for each course you need to review.
If you need to check the entire list of questions or if you want to reorder questions you have assigned, do the following:
- From the Home page – Set Up tab – Evaluations for Courses I Teach section, go to View question summary link and review the course section(s) containing the question(s) you just assigned.
- If the question you are looking for does not appear, perhaps the assignment as described in this section was not done correctly. To troubleshoot, locate the question you just assigned in Home page – Question Libraries section - My Questions link and review its assignments. If you need to assign the question, use the Assign to evaluation choice in the Action column.
Assign a Question to an Evaluation
If you added questions following the directions in the previous section "Create and Assign a New Question," then you probably have already assigned the question to the evaluation and do not need to follow the directions in this section.
- Tip: To concisely see a list the questions appearing on an evaluation, from the Home page – Set up tab, click the View question summary link for each course you need to review.
Follow these directions to add a question that exists in a Question Library to your courses.
- Questions that exist may be assigned to evaluations by going to the Home page – Set up tab – Question Libraries section and choosing the Question Library containing the question you are looking to add to your evaluations. If you are not sure, start with My Questions.
- Once you locate the Question, from the Action column choose Assign to evaluation and complete the Assign Question to Evaluation - Step 2 of 2 page - Assign this Question section including clicking the "Update this assignment" button to add the assignment.
- In the middle section of the Assign Question to Evaluation - Step 2 of 2 page, look for a section titled Current Assignment(s) and check that the assignment looks correct.
- If you have additional assignments for this question, specify them in the bottom section titled Assign this question, and click Update this assignment to add them.
- At the bottom of the page, use the Return to Question Libraries button to go back to the Question Libraries section to assign more questions. After assigning all questions, return to the Main Menu by choosing Home from the top right of the page.
- On the Home page – Set Up tab, click the View questions summary link and review the course sections containing the questions you just assigned. If questions do not appear, perhaps the assignment as described in this section was not completed correctly and you should repeat these steps.
Remove a Question from an Evaluation
Instructors may only remove questions that they have added to evaluations. Removing a question does not delete it from your My Questions question bank; it only removes the question from the evaluation.
- From the Home page, go to the Set up tab – Evaluations for Courses I Teach section and click the View question summary link for the course you wish to view. Use the Remove button to remove the question from the evaluation for this course.
- Check all courses using the directions in the previous step to remove questions.
Retire/Activate a Question
You may "retire" questions that you no longer wish to use or questions that have been updated. If you edit a question that has been used on evaluations, a new question and QID is automatically created. Be sure to retire former questions that you no longer wish to use and assign the new questions that you do wish to use to your evaluations. Two reasons for retiring questions are that the question is no longer valid or you have changed the language and a newer question has been created that should be used instead.
- Go to the Home page – Set Up tab – Question Libraries section and click My Questions.
- All active questions are listed first and are sorted in numerical order. Retired questions are marked "retired" by the Question ID and are listed in numerical order at the end of the question bank.
- To retire a question, find the question you want to retire and in the Action column choose Retire question.
- To activate a retired question, scroll to the bottom of your question bank, find the question you want to reactivate and in the Action column choose Activate question.
- Retiring a question does not remove it from your course evaluation. Retiring a question reminds you not to use it in the future. See the previous Help section titled Remove a question from an Evaluation section for directions to remove questions from your evaluations.
View Student Participation Tallies
Once students have begun to log on to complete their course evaluations, participation tally numbers - not student responses - are available.
- From the Home page, click the Reports Tab and then look for the first section titled Search for Student Responses or Participation.
- Set the term and click Submit form to see participation totals and percentages by course sections.
- A list of the courses that qualify for your search appears. Participation tallies are shown in the last column titled Participation %.
- The day after the student deadline for the term, follow the steps in this section and then click on the course ID (i.e., ENGL110010) in the second column titled "Course ID" to go to the Evaluation Results page to see a list of student names that completed the evaluation. Student names are not displayed if participation is less than 3 students. Student names are not associated with that student's responses and student responses are available about 15 days after the last UD scheduled final exam. See schedules.
View Student Responses
There are a number of reports that provide student responses. To perform a search:
- From the Home page, click the Reports tab.
- Choose the term(s) you wish to view.
- If needed, choose other criteria. Or, when in doubt, just choose term.
- Choose the Report type you need. If you are not sure, try them until you find the report type that is the format or contains the data you need.
- Click Submit form
- Report data is downloadable from most reports by choosing Save as from the top, left of the page.
Questions should be directed to Web Development, email@example.com