What can IT do to help you?
Access to UD's Network and the Internet
How can I get on UD's wireless network?
- The easiest way to register a computer or other Internet-capable device for wireless access is to use the UDel Help network to configure your device's network adapter.
- Read more information about using UD's wireless networks.
How can I get on UD's wired network?
- You can connect your computer to UD's network with an Ethernet cable.
- To register your computer's Ethernet adapter for use on UD's network, go to the UD Network Page.
How can I get antivirus software?
- IT offers free antivirus software and tools for securing your computer.
What can I use to collaborate on projects with other students?
- Your Google Apps at UD account lets you share using Google Sites or Google Docs.
- Sakai@UD, our campus learning management system, has resources you can use, too.
What if I need assistance with computer repair and troubleshooting?
- IT provides diagnostic services, virus/malware cleaning,
and troubleshooting assistance some of which is free to students. Complete our online Help
Request form to make an appointment.
Where can I get advice about purchasing a computer?
- Visit our Computing Purchases Web site for information on educational discounts and suggested configurations.
- Stop by the lower level of Smith Hall to ask us which computer will fit your academic career.
What if I don’t want to bring my laptop or device to campus?
- Public computing sites are available for computing, printing, and collaborative work.
How can I get help with my computer or the UD network?
- Visit the IT Support Center Web site.
- Complete our online Help Request form.
- Send us email.
- Call us: (302) 831-6000
- Text us: (302) 772-6820
- Where can I print?
- Printing is available at multiple kiosks and computing sites around campus.
- You can use our wireless network to send jobs to
- How can I print a poster?
- Large format printing is available in the Smith Computing site.
Where can I find additional training to teach me about technology on campus?
We have training available online at the LearnIT@UD site:
- Recorded classes
- In-person classes
- Online training materials from VTC.com