Activating your UDelNet account
Follow the instructions below to activate your UDelNet and UD email accounts before you arrive on campus.
The date you can activate your UDelNet account will depend on when you will attend UD and your classification as a student.
Summer term 2014
- New graduate students can activate their accounts beginning on April 8, 2014.
- Returning graduate, undergraduate, and continuing education students can activate their accounts beginning on may 29, 2014.
- New continuing education students can activate their accounts beginning on May 17, 2014, providing they have already enrolled in classes.
Fall semester 2014
- New undergraduate and graduate students can activate their accounts beginning on May 12, 2014.
- The dates for new continuing education students' setting up their accounts and for returning graduate, undergraduate, and continuing education students' setting up their accounts will be posted as soon as they are available.
An active UDelNet account provides access to UD email and a host of other services available to UD students.
- Review the Responsible Use of the Campus Network for students in preparation for the ECCE (Electronic Campus Citizenship Exam).
- Review the UD Responsible Computing Policy.
Activate UDelNet account
- Know your UD ID (a 5-9 digit
number) and your PIN.
During the admissions
process, undergraduate students
acquire a UD ID and PIN; new graduate students set their own PIN during the matriculation process.
- New undergraduate students: If you forget your PIN, follow this link to reset your PIN. Choose the appropriate entry from the form's drop-down menu. If you have difficulty, call the Registrar's Office for assistance (302-831-2132) or go to the UD Visitors Center (210 S. College Avenue) with your UD icard or UD#1 card to select a new PIN.
- New graduate students: If you do not already have a PIN or do not remember your PIN, follow this link to set or reset your PIN. Choose the appropriate entry from the form's drop-down menu. If you have difficulty, contact the Office of Graduate and Professional Education, email@example.com or (302) 831-8916.
- Continuing Education (CEND) students: If you do not know your PIN, call the ACCESS Center at (302) 831-2741 or (302) 831-8843 to set it.
Choose your UDelNet ID and
- Go to http://www.udel.edu/network, log in using your UD ID and PIN, and then follow the prompts to activate your account. Most new students must complete an electronic citizenship exercise before they can select a UDelNet ID (email username) and password.
- Know your UD ID (a 5-9 digit number) and your PIN. During the admissions process, undergraduate students acquire a UD ID and PIN; new graduate students set their own PIN during the matriculation process.
How do I log in to my UD email account?After you activate your UDelNet account, you will have a username and password to log in to UD's email system at Google Apps @UDel.edu. All official University correspondence is sent to your UD email address. You are responsible for reading this mail.
What else do I need to know?
- You should review our computing best practices Web pages for information about keeping your computer and your information safe and secure.
- Review the Technology Purchase Consulting page for recommendations on buying or bringing a computer to campus and for substantial savings on software. You must have an active UDelNet account to purchase specially priced hardware/software.
- Know what is covered under your computer's warranty and the level of service you should expect, along with the manufacturer's support number.
- If you have further questions, check out the IT Support Center Web site or submit a Help Request form.