Activating your UDelNet accountFollow the instructions below to activate your UDelNet and UD email accounts before you arrive on campus.
When can I activate my UDelNet account?
The date you can activate your UDelNet account will depend on when you will attend UD and your classification as a student.
An active UDelNet account provides access to UD email and a host of other services available to UD students.
Undergraduate and graduate students
- Review the UD Responsible Computing Policy.
- After paying a deposit to the University, you can create your UDelNet ID (the first part of your UD email address before @udel.edu) and password.
- Log in to My Blue Hen Home with your email address and password.
- Click the option Set-up your UD email account.
- You will now begin the process of creating your UDelNet ID. Follow the step-by-step instructions.
Professional & Continuing Studies students taking credit courses
If you have enrolled in academic credit courses for Professional & Continuing Studies and are trying to activate your UDelNet ID contact (302) 831-8843 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up your UDelNet ID.
If you have been accepted for readmission, log in to the UDelNet Security Update to create your UDelNet ID.
How do I log in to my UD email account?After you activate your UDelNet account, you will have a username and password to log in to UD's email system at Google Apps @UDel.edu. All official University correspondence is sent to your UD email address. You are responsible for reading this mail.
What else do I need to know?
- You should review our computing best practices Web pages for information about keeping your computer and your information safe and secure.
- Review the Technology Purchase Consulting page for recommendations on buying or bringing a computer to campus and for substantial savings on software. You must have an active UDelNet account to purchase specially priced hardware/software.
- Know what is covered under your computer's warranty and the level of service you should expect, along with the manufacturer's support number.
- If you have further questions, check out the IT Support Center Web site or submit a Help Request form.