Activating your UDelNet account
Follow the instructions below to activate your UDelNet and UD email accounts before you arrive on campus.
The date you can activate your UDelNet account will depend on when you will attend UD and your classification as a student.
Summer term 2013
- New and returning graduate students can activate their accounts beginning on April 10, 2013.
- New continuing education students can activate their accounts beginning on May 20, 2013, providing they have already enrolled in classes.
- Returning graduate, undergraduate, and continuing education students can activate their accounts beginning on May 29, 2013.
Fall semester 2013
- New graduate and undergraduate students can activate their accounts beginning in beginning on May 13, 2013.
- New continuing education students can activate their accounts beginning on August 12, 2013, providing they have already enrolled in classes.
- Returning graduate, undergraduate, and continuing education students can activate their accounts beginning on August 12, 2013.
An active UDelNet account provides access to UD email and a host of other services available to UD students.
- Review UD computing policies
- Review the Responsible Use of the Campus Network for students in preparation for the ECCE (Electronic Campus Citizenship Exam).
- Review the UD Responsible Computing Policy.
- Activate UDelNet account
- Know your UD ID (a 5-9 digit number) and your PIN. During the admissions process, undergraduate students
acquire a UD ID and PIN; new graduate students are assigned a UD ID and PIN during the matriculation process.
- New undergraduate students: If you have difficulty and you are on campus, go to 137 Visitors Center and show your ID and/or select a new PIN. If you are off campus, call (302) 831-2132.
- New graduate students: If you have difficulty, contact the Graduate Studies Office, email@example.com or (302) 831-6824.
- Continuing Education (CEND) students: If you do not know your PIN, call the ACCESS Center at (302) 831-2741 or (302) 831-8843 to set it.
- Choose your UDelNet ID and password
- Go to http://www.udel.edu/network, log in using your UD ID and PIN, and then follow the prompts to activate your account. Most new students must complete an electronic citizenship exercise before they can select a UDelNet ID (email username) and password.
How do I log into my UD email account?
After you activate your UDelNet account, you will have a username and password to log in to UD's email system at Google Apps @UDel.edu. All official University correspondence is sent to your UD email address. You are responsible for reading this mail.
What else do I need to know?
- You should review our computing best practices Web pages for information about keeping your computer and your information safe and secure.
- Review the Technology Purchase Consulting page for recommendations on buying or bringing a computer to campus. For substantial savings, see How do I Purchase Software? BEFORE purchasing popular software for your new computer purchase. You must have an active UDelNet account to purchase specially priced hardware/software.
- Know what is covered under your computer's warranty and the level of service you should expect, along with the manufacturer's support number.
- If you have further questions, check out the IT Support Center Web site or submit a Help Request form.