Activating your UDelNet accountFollow the instructions below to activate your UDelNet and UD email accounts before you arrive on campus.
When can I activate my UDelNet account?
The date you can activate your UDelNet account will depend on when you will attend UD and your classification as a student.
- New undergraduate and graduate students can activate their accounts beginning on May 12, 2014.
- New Continuing Education Students can activate their accounts beginning on August 11, 2014, providing they have already enrolled in classes.
- Returning graduate, undergraduate, and continuing education students can activate their accounts beginning on August 19, 2014.
An active UDelNet account provides access to UD email and a host of other services available to UD students.
- Review the Responsible Use of the Campus Network for students in preparation for the ECCE (Electronic Campus Citizenship Exam).
- Review the UD Responsible Computing Policy.
Activate UDelNet account
- Know your UD ID (a 5-9 digit
number) and your PIN.
During the admissions
process, undergraduate students
acquire a UD ID and PIN; new graduate students set their own PIN during the matriculation process.
- New undergraduate students: If you forget your PIN, follow this link to reset your PIN. Choose the appropriate entry from the form's drop-down menu. If you have difficulty, call the Registrar's Office for assistance (302-831-2132) or go to the UD Visitors Center (210 S. College Avenue) with your UD icard or UD#1 card to select a new PIN.
- New graduate students: If you do not already have a PIN or do not remember your PIN, follow this link to set or reset your PIN. Choose the appropriate entry from the form's drop-down menu. If you have difficulty, contact the Office of Graduate and Professional Education, email@example.com or (302) 831-8916.
- Continuing Education (CEND) students: If you do not know your PIN, call the ACCESS Center at (302) 831-2741 or (302) 831-8843 to set it.
Choose your UDelNet ID and
- Go to http://www.udel.edu/network, log in using your UD ID and PIN, and then follow the prompts to activate your account. Most new students must complete an electronic citizenship exercise before they can select a UDelNet ID (email username) and password.
- Know your UD ID (a 5-9 digit number) and your PIN. During the admissions process, undergraduate students acquire a UD ID and PIN; new graduate students set their own PIN during the matriculation process.
How do I log in to my UD email account?After you activate your UDelNet account, you will have a username and password to log in to UD's email system at Google Apps @UDel.edu. All official University correspondence is sent to your UD email address. You are responsible for reading this mail.
What else do I need to know?
- You should review our computing best practices Web pages for information about keeping your computer and your information safe and secure.
- Review the Technology Purchase Consulting page for recommendations on buying or bringing a computer to campus and for substantial savings on software. You must have an active UDelNet account to purchase specially priced hardware/software.
- Know what is covered under your computer's warranty and the level of service you should expect, along with the manufacturer's support number.
- If you have further questions, check out the IT Support Center Web site or submit a Help Request form.