Reply to comment
You cannot delete the following roles:
- Anonymous user
- Authenticated user
Each of these roles is required for the following reasons:
- Each site requires an Administrator to manage the site.
- To be visible to people who do not have an account on the UDrupal server, your site requires the Anonymous user role.
- To differentiate between people who can log in to your UDrupal site and people who can't, your site requires the Authenticated user role.
If you find the two pre-defined UDrupal roles (i.e., Publisher and Content provider) do not meet your Web site's needs, you may delete them. Some departments will find, for example, they do not need someone to approve content added by a site's Content providers, and could, therefore, delete the Publisher role.
In the following example, we'll delete the Moderator role we created in a previous section of this handbook.
- Navigate to the Roles page [Administer > User management > Roles].
- Locate the role you want to delete in the list of Roles. Click edit role.
- Click Delete role.
When you return to the list of roles, the role will no longer be listed because it has been deleted.
- Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
- Allowed HTML tags: <a> <em> <strong> <cite> <code><img> <ul> <ol> <li> <dl> <dt> <dd><p><br><h1><h2><h3><h4>
- Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
- You can use Markdown syntax to format and style the text. Also see Markdown Extra for tables, footnotes, and more.