Protecting Your Identity
Monitoring your credit report
- You may obtain a free credit report at www.annualcreditreport.com. Even though this site asks for your social security number as part of its enrollment process, it is the site recommended by the Federal Trade Commission.
- To further protect yourself from the possibility of identity theft, you can contact any one of three major credit reporting agencies to place a fraud alert on your credit files.
Other information resources for protecting personal information
- Delaware Attorney General's Office: Identity Theft Protection
- Federal Trade Commission:
- Privacy Rights Clearinghouse: Identity Theft and Data Breaches
- ITAC: Identity Theft Assistance Center
- Mastercard: Identity Theft
- U.S. Department of Education: Identity Theft