Using UDel Help (XpressConnect) to register for wireless access
Before you use UD's networks or the Internet, you must register the network adapters for all Internet-capable devices (computers [Ethernet and wireless adapters], tablets, cell phones with WiFi, gaming devices, etc.).
The easiest way to register your device's wireless network adapter is to use the UDel Help wireless network. Use UDel Help only to register a wireless adapter. (Wireless networks available at UD)
- If necessary, disconnect your computer's or device's Ethernet cable to be sure that you are registering the wireless adapter. Make sure your device's wireless adapter is turned on.
- If your computer gives you a choice of UD wireless networks, select UDel Help. Select UDel Help only when you are registering a wireless network adapter.
- Open your favorite Web browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Mobile, etc.).
You should see a screen like the one shown below.
Select UDel Secure. Doing so will register your
device's wireless network adapter for use on our network and
configure your device to use UDel Secure when that network is
The exact screens and directions you see will depend on
- how your computer, tablet, smartphone, or other device is configured;
- what Web browser you are using;
- what operating system your computer is using;
- what wireless networks your computer or device has used before you brought it to campus;
- and a variety of other factors.
When prompted, supply your UDelNet ID and password. On most
systems, you will be asked for this information once.
When prompted, supply your account name on
your computer or device and that account's password. On most
systems, you will be asked for this information once; however,
depending on how your computer is configured, you may need to
provide this information up to three times.
(The screenshot below is from an Apple Macintosh computer. Your
device or Windows computer will present a similar window for
When you see the UD Welcome to Computing! Web page
and when the XpressConnect window presents a
Done button, the wireless network adapter is
registered for use on both UDel and UDel Secure, and your
computer or device is configured to use UDel Secure when it is
available. Click Done in the XpressConnect
NOTE: After you have used UDel Help to register your computer's or device's wireless adapter, you can use either the UDel or UDel Secure wireless network. The UDel network is secure; the UDel Secure network has some extra safeguards, but may not work with all wireless adapters or be available on all parts of campus.
If you need assistance, contact the IT Support Center.
- Call us: (302) 831-6000
- Text us: (302) 722-6820
- Submit an IT Support Center Help Request.