Registering an Xbox 360 to use UD's wireless network
Before using UD's networks or the Internet, the MAC address for all devices must be registered with UD.
Xbox 360 consoles do not have a Web browser. Therefore, you will need to
- find your Xbox 360 console's MAC address and
- register it manually at UD's Network Page.
First step: Find your Xbox 360 console's MAC address
- Locate the MAC address of your Xbox 360 console (with "New
- In the Xbox Dashboard, go to My Xbox and open System Settings.
- Select Network Settings, Configure Network.
- On the Additional Settings tab, select Advanced Settings, then select Alternate MAC Address.
- Towards the bottom of this screen you'll see a heading called Wired MAC Address.
- Write down this MAC address. It is a combination of 12 numerals and letters (0-9, a-f), often displayed with a -, : or . character between groups of characters. (Example: 77:c6:f8:95:b3:a6)
- Locate the MAC address of your Xbox 360 console (prior to
"New Xbox Experience"):
- Go to the System area of the Xbox Dashboard and select Network Settings.
- Select Edit Settings.
- From Additional Settings, select Advanced Settings.
- At the bottom of this screen you'll see a heading called Wired MAC Address.
- Write down this MAC address. It is a combination of 12 numerals and letters (0-9, a-f), often displayed with a -, : or . character between groups of characters.
- Note: An Xbox 360 console uses the same MAC address for wired or wireless access.
Second step: Register the MAC address manuallyFrom a computer that you have already registered for wired (Ethernet) or wireless access to UD's network, submit your Xbox 360 console's MAC address to us via the UD Network Page.
Go to the UD Network page.
The Network Page will open in separate tab or window so you can keep these instructions open while registering your Wii console.
- Choose the second option under Registering for
Internet Access. The option reads as follows:
Manually register a different Internet-enabled device (Wii console, Xbox 360 console, etc.) for full Internet access. This option requires the device's MAC address.
- On the Manually Register Your Network Adapter page, type your Xbox 360 console's 12-character MAC address in the first text box on the page.
- For your convenience we also suggest you type a description in the second text box--something like "Xavier's Xbox."
- Click Register Roaming IP.
- You can log out from the Network Page. Your Xbox should be able to use the network within 30 minutes.