Webmail: import address book from Pine
These instructions will help you export your address book from Pine and import it to Webmail.
Export your address book from Pine
- Log in to your UDelNet account using the SSH Secure Shell application.
- At the % prompt, type
cat $HOME/.addressbook | /opt/bin/pine2ldif > pine.ldif
Be sure to type an l (el) for ldif.
- Press Enter.
- Using the SSH Secure Shell File Transfer window, download the pine.ldif file to the desktop of the computer on which you run your browser.
Import a Pine email address book to Webmail
- Open your Internet browser and log into Webmail.
- On the menu bar, click Address Book.
- On the Address Book menu bar, click Import/Export. You will see the Import/Export Address Book window.
- In the Select a file type to import drop-down list, choose .LDIF.
- In the Specify the file to import field, click the Browse button and select Desktop. Select the address book file on the desktop and click Open.
- From the Import to Category drop-down list, select a category if you wish. The default is unfiled. Do NOT change the default language and charset values. If you want Webmail to check for duplicate entries in your address book, uncheck the Add all imported items to Address Book - without checking any duplicates check box.
- Click Import Now. The Address Book Contacts page redisplays, and you receive a message that the file was successfully imported.