Webmail: import address book from Outlook Express
These instructions will help you export your address book from Outlook Express and import it to Webmail.
Export address book from Outlook Express
- Open Outlook Express.
- On the File menu, click Export,
then click Address Book.
- In the Address Book Export Tool window, choose Text File (Comma Separated Values).
- Click Export.
- In the CSV Export window, click Browse.
- From the Save In drop-down list, select Desktop, then type a name in the File name field.
- Click Save, then click Next.
- In the CSV Export window, select the fields you wish to export and clear the fields you do not wish to export. The most commonly exported fields are name and email address.
- Click Finish.
Import address book to Webmail
- Open your Internet browser and log into Webmail.
- On the menu bar, click Address Book.
- On the Address Book menu bar, click Import/Export. You will see the Import/Export Address Book window.
- In the Select a file type to import drop-down list, choose .CSV.
- In the Specify the file to import field, click the Browse button and select Desktop. Select the address book file on the desktop and click Open.
- From the Import to Category drop-down list, select a category if you wish. The default is unfiled. Do NOT change the default language and charset values. If you want Webmail to check for duplicate entries in your address book, uncheck the Add all imported items to Address Book - without checking any duplicates check box.
- Click Import Now. The Address Book Contacts page redisplays, and you receive a message that the file was successfully imported.