Webmail: import address book from Mac OS X Mail
These instructions will help you export your address book from Mac OS X Mail and import it to Webmail.
These instructions apply to Mac OS 10.3 and later. To see if your operating system is covered by these instructions, click the Apple icon in the menu bar, then click About this Mac. A new window will appear, and it will display your operating system.
- Download AddressBookToCSV: go to http://homepage.mac.com/kenferry/software.html#AddressBookToCSV and click the AddressBookToCSV v. 1.1,released 7/3/2004 link.
- Locate and double-click the
downloaded AddressBookToCSV-1.1 volume
on your Mac:
- Locate and open
- Click Export Address Book to
- From the Where: drop-down list,
- Click Save.
Import your address book to Webmail
- Open your Internet browser and log into Webmail.
- On the menu bar, click Address Book.
- On the Address Book menu bar, click Import/Export. You will see the Import/Export Address Book window.
- In the Select a file type to import drop-down list, choose .CSV.
- In the Specify the file to import field, click the Browse button and select Desktop. Select the address book file on the desktop and click Open.
- From the Import to Category drop-down list, select a category if you wish. The default is unfiled. Do NOT change the default language and charset values. If you want Webmail to check for duplicate entries in your address book, uncheck the Add all imported items to Address Book - without checking any duplicates check box.
- Click Import Now. The Address Book Contacts page redisplays, and you receive a message that the file was successfully imported.