Webmail: forward all of your incoming mail to another address
These instructions will help you set up email forwarding to an external email address. This method will keep your University email archived in your Webmail account, which may be useful in case you accidentally delete University mail on your external account.
For this method to work, you must remove any forwarding that you've set up on the University's Network Page. Forwarded mail is NOT secure once it leaves the University's mail server.
- On the Options Access Control menu
bar, click Message Filters. You will
see a window like the one below:
- In the Filter Conditions box, choose Apply to all incoming messages.
- In the Filter Actions box, click the Forward to: option and type the email address to which you want to forward your messages.
- In the Filter Actions box, uncheck the box next to Do not apply any more filters to this message if action is taken.
- Click OK. You should see the new filter you've created listed at the top of the page.
- In the Filter Conditions box, select Apply to all incoming messages.
- In the Filter Actions box, make sure Move to: has Inbox selected.
- Click OK.
- Look at the list of email filters. The forwarding filter should be above the filter that moves mail to the Inbox.