Clearing your Internet cache and history
You may have to clear your cache and history when you
- Submit personal information online (e.g., when you make an online purchase)
- Notice your browser's performance is declining for no apparent reason
- Know you are viewing an older version of a page after refreshing the page
- Have difficulty submitting work to your instructor in Sakai
- Experience issues logging in to UDSIS.
Shortcuts to clear your Web browser's cache, when available, are listed below. You can also click the name of your computer's Web browser to go to the vendor documentation for clearing the cache and history:
|Browser||Shortcut||Further Documentation & Notes|
|Internet Explorer 9||CTRL-SHIFT-DELETE||
Internet Explorer 9 Documentation (Microsoft)
You can also use the InPrivate Browsing feature within this version of IE.
|Internet Explorer 7 or 8||CTRL-SHIFT-DELETE||
Internet Explorer 7 and 8 Documentation (Microsoft)|
When following the directions for IE8, uncheck the Preserve Favorites website data check box to clear your cache.
|Firefox 3 or later||Windows or Mac: |
|Chrome 9 or later||Windows: |
Mac shortcut documented as SHIFT-COMMAND-DELETE. If that doesn't work on your Mac, from the Chrome drop-down menu, select Clear Browsing Data.
for Mac (Apple)|
Safari 4 for Windows (Apple)
|If you would like the cache and history cleared at the end of each session, consult your Web browser's documentation for a feature called InPrivate Browsing (Internet Explorer), automatically clearing the cache (Firefox), incognito window (Chrome), or Private Browsing (Safari).|