Thunderbird 6: Account setup (Windows)
These instructions will help you set up Thunderbird 6 to use with your University email address on a Windows computer.
The instructions in this document assume you have already downloaded and installed Thunderbird 6 from Mozilla but have not yet set up your account.
Refer to these server settings while you follow the instructions below.IMAP Server Settings
|Authentication method||Normal Password||No Authentication|
- Open Thunderbird.
- If you see the Import Wizard window, choose Don't import anything.
- Click Next.
- You should see the Mail Account Setup window.
If you don't see the Mail Account Setup window (i.e., if you've previously set up another account in Thunderbird), click the Tools menu, and then click Account Settings. Below the left panel, click Account Actions, and then click Add Mail Account to get to the Mail Account Setup window.
- Enter your name, email address, and password in the appropriate field.
- Uncheck the Remember password check box.
- Click Continue.
- The computer will try to preconfigure your account settings. When it is finished, click the Manual config button in the lower-left corner.
- Choose the proper settings from those given in the IMAP Server Settings table above.
- Click Create Account.
- You should see the Account Settings window.
- In the left pane, click Server Settings.
- Use the following settings for your deletion preferences:
- Under When I delete a message, choose Just mark it as deleted.
- Check Clean up ("Expunge") Inbox on Exit.
- Check Empty Trash on Exit.
- Click OK.