Enabling automatic updates for a Windows XP computer
To protect you computer on an ongoing basis, follow these steps to enable Automatic Updates:
- Right-click My Computer (on your computer's desktop or on the Start menu).
- Click Properties.
- Click the Automatic Updates tab.
- Make certain that Automatic (recommended) is checked.
- Set the frequency to Every day and the time to an hour when your computer is usually turned on. (If your computer is turned off at that time, the system will check for updates the next time it is turned on.)
- The System Properties dialog box
should now look similar to the
- Click OK.