Printing Fee Plan Overview for Faculty and Staff
The printing fee plan allows UD faculty and staff to print at campus computing sites at the following rates, which apply to all individuals:
- Five cents ($0.05) per image printed simplex (one side of one piece of paper)*
- Four cents ($0.04) per image printed duplex (both sides of one piece of paper)
*In all IT-managed computing sites, duplex printing is set by default; if you want to print on only one side of a piece of paper, you must select simplex.
Locations that use VendPrint
The following locations use the VendPrint system to manage printing. Unless otherwise indicated, these locations will charge for printing.
- Alison West, room 205
- Brown Lab, room 210
- Cannon Lab, Lewis Campus, room 205
- Carpenter Sports Building, room 119
- Christiana Commons Lobby
- Colburn Lab, rooms 105, 046
- Delaware Field House, room 202
- Education Resource Center, Willard Hall Education Bldg., room 012
- Jastak-Burgess Hall, room 006
- McDowell Hall, room 111/113
- Memorial Hall, rooms 028, 033
- Morris Library, SMDC, Lower Level, room 055
- Pearson Hall, room 305
- Perkins Student Center Lobby
- Purnell Hall, rooms 114, 026
- Recitation Hall, room 203
- Rodney Commons
- Smith Hall, rooms 002, 004, 040
- Townsend Hall, rooms 004, 006, 007
- Trabant University Center Lobby
Your UD ID Card, Print Release Station, and FLEX Account
You will need your valid UD ID card (i-card) to print in the sites because you will need to swipe it through a card reader connected to a print release station. The print release station works together with your i-card and your FLEX account.
Departmental FLEX Accounts
For information about Departmental FLEX accounts, read the FLEX web site information.
How to Claim Your Print Job at a Site
To claim your print job, follow these steps:
- After you select Print in your application, go to the print release station.
- Highlight your print job on the screen—double-check that the print job is yours, so you don't accidentally print someone else's job.
- Click Start Printing.
- Swipe your ID through the card reader.
- Delete any duplicate print jobs.
Check with a site assistant if you have questions about how to use the print release station.