Groups being migrated from UD Webmail to Google Apps at UD
Email accounts for some groups of people using UD Webmail (also known as mail.udel.edu or Mirapoint) will be moved to Google Apps at UD according to the following schedule:
|Group Name||Date Moves Beginning||Status|
|Miscellaneous Undergraduate Student accounts||Tuesday, April 30, 2013||Done|
|Graduate Student accounts||Monday, May 6, 2013||Done|
|Contractor accounts||Monday, May 6, 2013||Done|
|Volunteer and Sponsored accounts||Monday, May 6, 2013||Done|
|Retiree accounts||Monday, May 13, 2013||Done|
|Osher Lifelong Learning Institute accounts||Monday, May 13, 2013||Done|
|Employee and Retiree Spouse accounts||Monday, May 6, 2013||Done|
|All Remaining Accounts||Monday, June 17, 2013||Scheduled*|
|*Tentative. Date may be earlier if Mirapoint servers fail again.|
You will receive a notice in your email about one week before your group's email accounts are scheduled to be moved. You can request that your account be moved in advance of the date that UD would move your account.
If UD moves your account
- Your email address will continue to be your username followed by “@UDel.edu.”
- If we move your email, you will not know exactly when your account will migrate to Google Apps at UD. It’s to your advantage to request that we move your email account before the scheduled move date.
- Once your account begins moving, you will be able to log in to http://googleapps.udel.edu to send and receive new email.
- Your stored messages and older messages in your inbox will be moved automatically and become available as they are moved to Google Apps at UD. The process can take several hours.
- If you had contacts stored on the UD Webmail server, you will receive email containing a CSV file of those contacts after your stored email have been moved to Google Apps at UD. (Directions for importing a CSV address file)
- Important links:
- To log in to your email using a Web browser: http://googleapps.udel.edu.
- Information about using your Google Apps at UD account for email and other features: http://www.udel.edu/it/googleapps.
- Directions for using an IMAP desktop client (e.g., Thunderbird, Mac Mail, etc.) or mobile device to read your Google Apps at UD email: http://www.udel.edu/it/googleapps/mobile.html. You might also find the Migration video tips helpful.
Further assistanceFor further assistance, contact the IT Support Center: submit a Help Request Form, send email to email@example.com, or call (302) 831-6000.