If you forward your email to another email service (either a departmental email server or an off-campus provider--e.g., yahoo.com, gmail.com, hotmail.com) using UD Webmail filters, you must disable that forwarding before your stored email can be moved.
- Most UD Webmail (Mirapoint or mail.udel.edu) email accounts can migrate to Google Apps at UD, and can do so now.
- Departmental IT professionals may submit a list of accounts to the IT Support Center and schedule a time for the departmental staff and central IT staff to coordinate the migration of groups of users.
- UD is now scheduling some groups of UD Webmail accounts for migration to Google Apps at UD.
To migrate your own email account from UD Webmail (mail.udel.edu) to Google Apps at UD, follow these directions.
- Anyone with an @udel.edu email address can go to the Network Page and switch his or her email to Google Apps at UD.
- After logging in to the Network Page with your UDelNet ID and password or UD ID and PIN, select Switch to Google Apps @UDel.edu for your UD email. You'll see a Web page like the one shown below:
- If you want all your stored mail on Mirapoint (UD Webmail, mail.udel.edu) moved to Google Apps at UD, click the checkbox next to Migrate the email messages in my Mirapoint account to Google Apps @UDel.edu as soon as possible. IT will move your stored mail messages for for you.
Do not check the box if you are forwarding your email to another account. Turn forwarding off, then submit an ITSC Help Request asking IT staff move your stored email to Google Apps.
- Click the large button labelled Select Google Apps @UDel.edu as Your UD Email System.
- Within five minutes of your having submitted that request, new email will begin appearing in your Google Apps at UD inbox. Your email address will continue to be firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once your stored UD Webmail (mail.udel.edu) email begins migrating to Google Apps at UD, old messages, UD Webmail contacts, and UD Webmail filters are no longer available to you. Your mail.udel.edu account is considered closed.
- While your old email is migrating, you can read new email at Google Apps at UD.
- As your stored folders appear in Google Apps at UD, you will be able to access those messages as well.
- If you had contacts stored on the UD Webmail server, you will receive email containing a CSV file of those contacts after your stored email had been moved to Google Apps at UD. (Directions for importing a CSV address file)
- The process of moving stored email can take several hours.
- To log in to your email at Google Apps at UD using a Web browser, go to http://googleapps.udel.edu.
- For information about using your Google Apps at UD account's features (email, Google Drive, etc.), go to IT's Google Apps at UD Help pages.
- To use an IMAP desktop client (e.g., Thunderbird, Mac Mail, etc.) or a mobile device to read your Google Apps at UD email, follow these directions.
- Migration Video Tips
Further assistanceFor further assistance, contact the IT Support Center: submit a Help Request Form, send email to email@example.com, or call (302) 831-6000.