Mailing lists at UD: Google Groups
A UD Google Group allows members to communicate with multiple people and view a searchable archive of all messages. Google Groups are ideal for collaborating, discussing, sharing ideas with others, and posting and answering questions. Google Groups
- are very easy to use
- provide members with ample storage space
- have threaded and searchable archives that allow members to review previous messages organized by topic or category.
- receive an email copy of each individual message
- receive a daily email with all activity or an abridged digest
- read them only on the Web.
- Note: Only members with an @udel.edu email address or a Google.com account can read messages stored in a Google Group Web archive.
- When Google Groups are created they are configured as an email list. You can choose to change your group to a Collaborative or Q&A group.
How to request
Submit a Google Groups request form (Faculty and staff only). You will need to supply the following information:
- the Group owner's name
- the Group owner's UDelNet ID
- the desired name of the Group
- The name must be at least nine characters long or contain a hyphen.
- Names may not include the prefix "ud-".
- Sample names: housing-info, cisc355-010-fall12, or HREmployment.
How to use
For information about getting started using Google Groups at UD, select one of the Quick Links to the right. For general assistance using Google Groups or for information about advanced features, visit Google.com's Groups Help Web site.