Mac OS X Mail LDAP setup (Snow Leopard 10.6.x)
The following instructions will help you set up an LDAP directory service for your University email. This service allows you to search for University contacts by name within the Composing window.
- From the Mail menu, click Preferences.
- Click the Composing icon at the top
of the window. You will see the
Composing window, which should look
similar to the following:
- Check the Automatically complete addresses check box.
- Click the Configure LDAP button.
You will see a window, which should
look similar to the following:
- If you have an existing UD LDAP service configured, click once to select the item in the list box, then click the – (minus) button in the lower-left corner of the window to delete it.
- Click the + (plus) button.
- In the Server Info window, fill in
the following information:
Field Value Name UD LDAP Server ldap.udel.edu Search Base o=udel.edu
- Click Save.
- Click Done.
- Close the Composing window.
Now when you create a new email message, begin typing a recipient's name in the To: field. Mac OS X Mail will provide you with a drop-down list of potential addresses. Choose the correct address.