Microsoft Volume Licensing Enrollment for Education Solutions
The University of Delaware has obtained a subscription license from Microsoft to give departments and institutional users fast and easy access to the most current desktop platform products from Microsoft. The University's Microsoft agreement includes changes to our Microsoft Work at Home licensing.
The Microsoft Volume Licensing Enrollment for Education Solutions (EES) entitles all departments—and every active faculty and staff member—to subscription licenses for Microsoft's Education Desktop with Enterprise CAL Suite product which includes the following software for use on University-owned systems:
- Microsoft Windows 8 Enterprise Upgrade
- Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013 and Microsoft Office 2011 Mac
- Microsoft Enterprise Client Access License (CAL) Suite, which includes the following:
- Exchange Server Standard CAL
- Exchange Server Enterprise CAL
- Forefront Unified Access Gateway CAL
- All of the current components of the Forefront Protection Suite
- Lync Server Standard CAL
- Lync Server Enterprise CAL
- SharePoint Server Standard CAL
- SharePoint Server Enterprise CAL
- System Center Endpoint Protection
- System Center Configuration Manager Client Management License
- All of the current components of the System Center Client Management Suite
- Windows Server Standard CAL
- Windows Server Rights Management Services CAL.
The products listed may at any time be replaced by successor products.
This agreement includes the option of installing or deploying "downgrade" versions (previous versions) in place of the current versions available through the EES subscription license. For instance, you can choose to deploy the Windows 7 Enterprise operating system instead of the Windows 8 Enterprise operating system.
IT Professionals needing various components of the Enterprise CAL Suite should contact the IT Support Center. (Submit a Help Request Form; call 302-831-6000; send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.)
Restrictions on personal use
- University-owned computers only: Eligible faculty & staff may download the Windows and Office software for installation on University-owned computers from the UDeploy licensed software server. This software is not to be downloaded for personal use.
- Microsoft Work at Home Licenses: The University's Microsoft agreement includes limited Work at Home rights. Permanent faculty and staff may purchase and download a selection of Microsoft software for use on personally owned computers for University-related work only. The fee is about $10.00 for a Windows or Office license. For more information, and a link to download the software, go to the UDeploy Microsoft Work at Home Software Licenses page.
- For personal use: University faculty and staff can take advantage of the academic pricing discussed at the Computing Purchases at UD website.
Last updated: January 6, 2015