Supervisor's checklist for new faculty/staff
Computer Hardware and Software
- Verify that the new employee's computer is configured sufficiently for work responsibilities. See Technology Purchase Consulting: Resources for departments & administrative units for recommended institutional computer configurations, and the purchase of hardware, software and peripherals for the institution.
- Each office computer needs an IP number. Call 831-6041 to obtain or verify the correct IP number for the new employee's computer.
- Contact your departmental server administrator if the employee needsaccess to a departmental server or network printer.
- If a computer is being
purchased, have your departmental
computer support person setup the
computer or submit a Help
Ticket request for computer
setup from IT-Client Support &
- Verify with your HR liaison
that the new permanent employee is
in the Human Resource System and
have the employee activate their
A UDelNet account is automatically created two days after the employee is entered into the Human Resource System.
- Direct the permanent employee to obtain an ID card.
- For a non-permanent employee, complete the UDelNet Account Request.
- Does the new employee require
access to UD Administrative
- UD Student Information (UDSIS)
- UD Human Resources
- UD Financial Systems
Complete the required web form(s) (Note: Login required).
- Verify with your HR liaison that the new permanent employee is in the Human Resource System and have the employee activate their account.
Phone and Voicemail
Does the new employee have computing support responsibilities in your department?
- Please complete a Help
Ticket request, listing his/her
name and the department(s)
- Please complete a Help Ticket request, listing his/her name and the department(s) supported.
Review the New Faculty/Staff Checklist with the employee.
Helpful URLs, phone numbers and e-mail addresses.