New faculty/staff checklist
Use the following checklist to begin using services offered by Information Technologies.
- Check with your supervisor about the items on the supervisor's checklist for new faculty/staff.
- Set up your voice mail.
- Activate your UDelNet account.
- Review the following information:
- Indicate your Understanding of Employee Computing Responsibilities and Notice of Monitoring.
- The day after you get your employee ID card, log in to the Network Page with your UD ID and PIN. Follow the prompts to activate your UDelNet account.
- Protect your computer.
Check with your department's tech support on the security of your computer, or refer to our protect and clean your computer instructions.
Install UD-licensed software as
needed from UDeploy.
UDeploy offers UD-licensed and -customized software for University- and employee-owned computers. Restrictions vary depending on the software title and the license.
Access your email.
If your department uses its own email server or the central Exchange server, contact your department's tech support for help setting up your email.
Otherwise, you will automatically use Gmail through Google Apps at UD. You will have access to your University email from any Web browser, but you may also use a desktop client (e.g., Mac OS X Mail, Thunderbird).
If you prefer to use a different email address for University correspondence, customize your directory listing with the email address you would like to use.Beware of Phishing!
Regardless of the email server and client you use, you will NEVER be asked to confirm account information to keep your account active—by the University of Delaware or any other legitimate entity. If you receive a message that asks for your UDelNet ID and/or password, delete it immediately.
Connect your other computers to the
Follow the steps below to connect your laptop or home computer to the UD network.
Connect your laptop
Follow the instructions to connect your computer to the University's network.
Connect your home computer
- Follow steps 3 and 4 above for your home computer.
- If you use your own ISP for your home computer, you will be prompted once per session to authenticate with your UDelNet ID and password to access resources from the UD library.
- Find more information about Web-based teaching and learning.
Contact the IT department for help
Refer to the following links for information about using technology at UD.
Academic Technology Services Explore technology-based teaching and learning options University Media Services Help with technology in the classroom Helpful information for UD faculty/staff Links and phone numbers to important resources at UD IT Support Center System alerts and help with computing questions LearnIT@UD IT Professionals Development Calendar, online learning resources, etc. Online course evaluations for faculty How to create questions and view student responses UD PO Box Send mail to groups of people (e.g., by class, major, or classification) Computer Security at the University of Delaware Computer security news, tools, and configuration checklists. UD Student Information System (UDSIS) Training, contacts, instructions, and tutorials
If you would like to schedule an appointment with IT-CS&S to clean, diagnose, or tune-up your computer, please call (302) 831-6000 to schedule an appointment. Please note that there is a fee for this service—see IT's computer cleanup policy.
If you need further assistance, contact the IT Support Center.