Sending mail to Microsoft email accounts
If you send email to someone who uses a Microsoft-hosted email account domain, such as:
- or any country-specific address, such as @msn.ca, or @hotmail.br
the message may not be delivered. There are two ways to fix this issue:
- Ask the intended recipient to provide another email address (@gmail.com, @yahoo.com, @university.edu, etc.) and resend the message.
- Ask the intended recipient to change the settings in their Microsoft account to allow messages coming from @udel.edu addresses and resend the message.
To change the Microsoft account settings, the person must:
- Log in to their Hotmail, Live, Outlook, or MSN account in a web browser (Do not use a mobile app client or a desktop program such as Thunderbird or Microsoft Outlook).
- Click the cogwheel icon on the right (step 1) then click Safe and Blocked Senders (step 2).
- Click Safe Senders (step 3).
- Type @udel.edu in the field on the left (step 4) and click Add to list >> (step 5).
- If the @udel.edu domain is listed on the right, you will be able to receive email from someone at @udel.edu. Your window should look like the one below:
Once the intended recipient has completed this process, you will be able to send email to them successfully.