To read your University email, you must have:
- An active email account
- New Students/Faculty/Staff: Read about and activate your UDelNet account. (UD PIN required for account activation.)
- After activating your account, you may immediately access UD email.
- A program that allows you to read and send email
- The University of Delaware provides support and assistance for the email software listed below.
- You may use other email programs, but the University cannot provide assistance for them.
Software NOT requiring prior computer configuration Google Apps Mail - accessible through any Internet Web browser at http://googleapps.udel.edu
Google Apps help
Pine - an alternate mail client for Google Apps Mail
How to Use Pine
Central MS Exchange - For those Faculty/Staff on MS Exchange only, accessible through any Internet Web browser. See MS Exchange help Software requiring configuration on your computer/device Thunderbird mail Google Apps Mail: Configure PC or Mac email client for Google Apps mail Mac OS X mail Google Apps Mail: Configure Mac email client for Google Apps mail MS Outlook on Exchange How to use Microsoft Outlook with the Exchange server
(For those Faculty/Staff on MS Exchange only)
Smartphones Google Apps mail configuration
iPhone setup on MS Exchange (Faculty/Staff only)
Students may forward their UD mail to another email account; however, read these warnings.
Frequently requested email functions:Google Apps Mail
- Google Apps Home Google Apps FAQs
- Phone configurations with GoogleApps: iPhone, others
- Display Message headers (Choose Gmail)
- View/modify your Google Apps password (Login required).
- Forward Google Apps mail to another account (Login required).
- Display full email headers:
- Email safe practices
- Mailing lists on UD central systems
- Prepare email before an extended leave from campus
- Reduce SPAM
- UD's Dropbox - to exchange files too large to send by email
- UD's P.O.Box - to send messages to lists of students (class rosters, major mailing lists, minor mailing lists, etc.)
If you have comments or suggestions about this Web page or see any errors, contact the IT Communication Group.