Creating a signature file
You can create a file called a signature file that will be inserted automatically at the bottom of your outgoing email messages. Typically, a signature file contains information such as your name, email address, and affiliation.
Pine inserts the signature file into an outgoing message as soon as you begin to compose a message.
You can choose to remove the signature text on a message-by-message basis by deleting each line of text using the ^K (Cut Text) option.
Follow these steps to create a signature file:
- At the Main Menu screen, press S to select Setup. You will see the Setup window.
- Press S to choose Signature. You'll see the Signature Editor window.
- Type the information you want to include in your signature file.
- Press CTRL-X to select Exit. At the bottom of this window, you should see the following program prompt: Exit editor and apply changes?
- Press Y to choose Yes.
- To see your signature file as it will appear in outgoing messages, press C to choose Compose Message. You'll see the text of your signature file beneath the Message Text field.
You can change your signature file at any time by following the steps outlined above.