Sakai and Canvas Guest Accounts
- How can I get access to Sakai or Canvas at the University of Delaware?
- What can I do with this guest account?
- What happens when I get invited by a UD sponsor?
- How can I log in to Sakai or Canvas?
- What can I do if I forget my password?
- Additional questions and support
To be granted access to Sakai or Canvas, you are required to have a sponsor. Full-time University of Delaware faculty and staff are authorized to sponsor guest accounts.
Guest accounts are provided to external contributors in support of work or activities related to the University of Delaware (such as research, guest speaking engagements, project collaboration, auditing, etc.). Guests must comply with our Responsible Computing Policy at all times.
- You will get an email invitation from your sponsor. Follow the link provided in the email to start your registration process:
- You will be asked to type your email address and choose a display name:
- You will be asked to set a password:
- You will be asked to answer security questions. The answers you provide will be used if you need to change your password:
- A confirmation screen will appear:
- You will receive a confirmation email:
Once your guest account is active, and after your sponsor has added your account to one or more sites, you will be able to log in to Sakai or Canvas through one of the following URLs:
You can go to the password reset page and follow the necessary steps to set a new password.
If you have questions regarding your account or how to use Sakai or Canvas, contact your sponsor first to make sure your account is active and that you were given access to the right sites. Your sponsor can also reset your password or change your access to different services if necessary.
Additional questions can be addressed to the IT Support Center.