Set Software Update to run daily: Mac OS 10.4 (Tiger)
You must install software updates to keep your computer secure. To set your computer to check for software updates daily, follow these steps:
- From the Apple menu, click System Preferences.
- In the System
Preferences window, click
the Software Update icon,
highlighted in the graphic below:
- You will see the Software
Update window, which should look
similar to the one below:
- Click the Update Software tab if it's not already active.
- Check the Check for Updates check box if it's not already selected.
- From the drop-down list, choose Daily.
- Check the Download important
updates in the background check box if
it's not already selected. The window
should now look similar to the one
- Close the Software Update window.