Password-protect your account: 10.6 (Snow Leopard) and 10.7 (Lion)
To password-protect your account on Mac OS X (10.6 and 10.7), follow these steps:
- From the Apple menu, click System Preferences.
- In the System Preferences window,
click the Accounts (10.6) or Users & Groups (10.7) icon in the
fourth row, highlighted in the
- You will see the Accounts (or Users & Groups) window,
which should look similar to the
- If the lock icon in the lower-left hand side of the window is locked, click it to unlock it.
- At the bottom of the left-hand column, click Login Options.
- Confirm that Automatic login is Off (OS 10.6 and 10.7).
- Click the lock in the lower-left
corner of the window to prevent further
changes. The window should now
look similar to the following:
If you want to make changes to these options in the future, you must click the lock in the lower-left corner of the window and type the Admin password to unlock the page to access these options.