Password-protect your account: Mac OS 10.4 (Tiger)
To password-protect your account on Mac OS 10.4 (Tiger), follow these steps:
- From the Apple menu, click System Preferences.
- In the System
Preferences window, click
the Accounts icon,
highlighted in the graphic below:
- You will see
the Accounts window, which
should look similar to the one
- If the lock icon in the lower-left hand side of the window is locked, click it to unlock it.
- Click Login Options at the bottom of the left-hand column.
- Uncheck Automatically log in as: if it's not already unchecked.
- Click the lock to prevent further
changes. The Accounts window
should now look similar to the one
If you want to make changes in the future, you will have to click the lock and type the Admin password to unlock the page and access these features.