Change your account password: Mac OS 10.5 (Leopard), 10.6 (Snow Leopard), and 10.7 (Lion)
Follow these steps to change your account password for your computer:
- From the Apple menu, click System Preferences.
- In the System
Preferences window, click
the Accounts (10.5 and 10.6) or Users & Groups (10.7) icon in
the fourth row, highlighted in the
- You will see
the Accounts (or Users & Groups) window, which
should look similar to the
- If the lock icon in the lower-left hand side of the window is locked, click it to unlock it.
- In the left-hand column of the window, choose the account you want to modify.
- Click Change Password on the right-hand side of the window (to the right of your avatar—in this case, a cat).
- The Accounts (or Users & Groups) window
should now look similar to the
- Type your current password, a new password, a password hint (optional), and then click Change Password.
- Close the window.